iceguide broken - or just my account?

Started by BJReplay, May 21, 2005, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJReplay

http://iceguide.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/iceguide.cgi?op=xmlguide

...is just returning the channel list only (attached).

Is it just my account?

using webget "http://iceguide.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/iceguide.cgi?op=xmlguide" -u myuserid -p mypassword -o icetvguide.xml

but I see the same thing when I enter the URL in my browser.

BJ

Russell at IceTV

Hi BJ,

Yes, we've been working on a new system where users can login to the web site and configure which channels they want to get from iceguide.cgi.  One of the changes is that you need to specify the channel list in the URL, or you won't get any data back.  But actually, the way it was before, if you didn't specify a channel list you'd get *all* channels back, across all cities.  I'm assuming that's what you were getting before?  Was there some reason for that, or did you just never put in a channel list?

Until the new system is released (very soon), you need to add one of the following channel lists (or some combination of these) to the end of the URL, just after op=xmlguide:

Sydney:  &channels=1,2,3,4,5,29,38
Melbourne:  &channels=6,7,8,9,10,11,32,36
Adelaide:  &channels=18,19,20,21,22,30,34
Brisbane: &channels=12,13,14,15,16,31,35
Perth:  &channels=23,24,25,26,27,33,37

(plus Darwin and other cities coming soon)

As soon as the new system is in place, you'll be able to remove the channel list from the URL and configure things through the web site.  But until then, you should continue to follow the HowTo docs and use a channel list as above.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Russell

BJReplay

Thanks Russel,

That explains it.  I was excluding the channel list, for two reasons - firstly, I could easily see when new channels were being added, and secondly because I had had intermittent problems when I did specify a channel list - for some reason, ABC 2 in Melbourne wasn't always being provided when I specified a channel list, but was always there when I left the list off (thus specifying all channels).

Seems to be working with the channel list at the moment.  I'll let you know in a new thread if I see an instance of ABC 2 not appearing.

Cheers

BJ