Not Getting Scheduled Recordings - 2 x Beyonwiz PVRs

Started by Paul55, September 14, 2014, 11:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul55

It's Sunday lunch time.
My Beyonwiz PVRs ALWAYS get scheduled recordings 5 days in advance. They have been bulletproof for years when using IceTV.

I have Utopia and Criminal Minds set to record on my P1 Wednesday Night via IceTV - both at 8.30pm. Both are showing as queued (red series doughnuts) on the IceTV website. I have tried deleting all timers and resending and my P1 says Get Scheduler Tasks: OK. But it isn't getting them. Nothing will make them appear.

My P2 has set timers up to Thursday night but is missing ANZAC Girls for tonight - showing as queued. It has worked every other week.  The Sixties on SBS at the same time (8.30pm) has been set. Same story for ANZAC Girls as the problem with my P1, look under the IceGuide in Beyonwiz setup and is says Get Scheduler Tasks: OK.

My Toppy 2400, which is usually the one I need to keep an eye on, is getting the scheduler tasks as expected.

Thoughts:
Both scenarios have 2 recordings starting at 8.30pm. I'm sure this has been done many times without issue. Coincidence?? Probably.
IceTV has been modifying their servers while setting up to support the Beyonwiz T3. Coincidence?? Maybe - I have my suspicions!
2 different Beyonwiz machines showing very similar symptoms in the same week after years of trouble free use - something has gone wrong at the IceTV end!

Dave at IceTV

Hi Paul,

It sounds like the P1 and P2 have old timers stuck in their timer lists. Basically they have not deleted the old timers after those recordings ended. To check and fix, go to the Timer List on each Beyonwiz (while viewing live TV or in the Guide, press Pop-Up then OK on Timer List) then delete any timers that have dates in the past. They'll be at the top of the list if there are any.

If there are lots of old timers it may be easier to really clean it out as follows:

- On the Beyonwiz P1, go to 'Setup > Network > Ice Guide' and set Ice Guide to Disable.
- Then go to this website and Resend All Recordings for the P1 from 'My Account > My Recorders'.
- Back to the Beyonwiz P1, go to 'Setup > System > Initialise' and 'Clear Timers'.
- Now go to 'Setup > Network > Ice Guide' and set Ice Guide back to Enable.

Finally, repeat the above steps on the P2.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Paul55

No old timers on either machine Dave. I have seen that problem before. The top one is my daily EPG fetch in the early hours of tomorrow morning.
However, cancelling timers, disabling Ice Guide, resending timers and enabling Ice seems to have fixed it.

billyblue

Similar problem here: 2 x P1s, guides only up to Thursday at best.

No old timers hanging around. Have disabled, cleared and enabled on one of them: Can't get channel list.

Will try resending when I get home, but in case there is something else wrong...

Fester

Quote from: Paul55 on September 14, 2014, 11:37:01 AM
IceTV has been modifying their servers while setting up to support the Beyonwiz T3. Coincidence?? Maybe - I have my suspicions!

Quote from: billyblue on September 17, 2014, 12:29:08 PM
Can't get channel list.

As Paul55 says I too am wondering if it has something to do with the T3 support. I am evaluating the T3 IceTV beta software here In Adelaide
and channel 7, all network channels, do not populate on the IceTV guide, so obviously any timers set for any 7 network channel are failing.