TV Guide looks like a mobile version today?

Started by Nighty, July 24, 2014, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighty

As the subject says.

Is this on purpose?   :(

TT33

Yep weird.  Also in the 'Coming Soon' tab I can't tell which programs I have selected as the Red circles no longer appear besides the programs.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We are working on these teething issues with the new website design, and the coming soon issues has now been fixed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Nighty

So this mobile-centric layout is what the site is supposed to look like?

Why?

TT33

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on July 25, 2014, 12:12:18 PM
We are working on these teething issues with the new website design, and the coming soon issues has now been fixed.

Yep...ta.  Minor issue still...every program on the 'Coming Soon' tab seems to be partly created in Belgium?  ;D

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: TT33 on July 25, 2014, 01:38:58 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on July 25, 2014, 12:12:18 PM

Yep...ta.  Minor issue still...every program on the 'Coming Soon' tab seems to be partly created in Belgium?  ;D

Woops, this has been fixed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Nighty on July 25, 2014, 12:28:50 PM

Why?

While are still tweaking some of the stylings at the moment, we have gone in this direction to start to bring all of the IceTV interfaces in line with each other.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

DaveEl

On the 'Manage Shows' tab, the Keyword Record/Favourite editing does not appear to work.  I can modify the bottom one but not the six above it.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: DaveEl on July 25, 2014, 03:29:34 PM
On the 'Manage Shows' tab, the Keyword Record/Favourite editing does not appear to work.  I can modify the bottom one but not the six above it.

Hi Dave,

Please get in contact with support so they can get some additional details so we can check out the issue.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Nighty

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on July 25, 2014, 01:56:58 PM
Quote from: Nighty on July 25, 2014, 12:28:50 PM

Why?

While are still tweaking some of the stylings at the moment, we have gone in this direction to start to bring all of the IceTV interfaces in line with each other.

Can you post or email me the old css please?

PhilthyM

How do I say this without being rude...?! I'm not sure that I can!

I have to do settings for somebody weekly of up to 10 or 12 programs sometimes. What used to take me a minute or two now takes ages!

Did anybody do any useability testing of the UI before launching it? It's incredibly cumbersome now, a massive step backwards. On the old system, I could select the desired recording device, click the program, change series to single and that was it. If there was a requirement to do the same show again it was still there the search results, so I could repeat that process. Simple, elegant, consistent.

Now, I have to select which device each time, as it defaults to the first device - why? Then I have to go through a bunch of other options that all default badly for my needs. Was any consideration given to which might be the more likely defaults? Perhaps it was and I am at odds with the majority, fair enough. But why not allow me to save the defaults to suit my needs? Or even save them from one program selection to the next. It is so frustrating to have to go through half a dozen dropdowns for every program, and completely unnecessary. Its hard to believe that it could be implemented so badly!

Please can we get this reviewed and give some consideration to better handling of defaults? Thanks.

prl

In the Coming Soon and Manage Shows tabs, I see a white bar under each entry for a Southern Cross Ten program (ACT guide, Firefox 31.0 browser). I suspect that it's because the line wraps with the long name.

Elsewhere in the guide, this service is called simply SC Ten.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

donvreug

I find the text too small and the choice of colours harder to read.  UI's don't have to be the same on different devices.  I used the (old) web version even on my iPad because it was easier to use than the mobile one.

prl

Quote from: prl on July 27, 2014, 02:39:31 PM
In the Coming Soon and Manage Shows tabs, I see a white bar under each entry for a Southern Cross Ten program (ACT guide, Firefox 31.0 browser). I suspect that it's because the line wraps with the long name.

This seems to have been fixed now (only just looked), by renaming it to "SC 10" in those pags. Elsewhere it's "SC Ten".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: prl on August 11, 2014, 04:42:26 PM
Quote from: prl on July 27, 2014, 02:39:31 PM

This seems to have been fixed now (only just looked), by renaming it to "SC 10" in those pags. Elsewhere it's "SC Ten".

Hi prl,

These inconsistencies have been fixed up.

We have done a lot of tweaking of the guide pages over the past couple of weeks and have taken on board the feedback we have received.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.