Windows Phone 8

Started by jason.keeling, November 18, 2013, 03:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason.keeling

Hi
Long time user of ICETV, even now as OTA is just as good for info.
I now use WP8 and cannot see me ditching it any time soon.
Any chance of a WP8 ICETV app being built?
I have the mobile interactive page pinned to my start screen which works fine but am jealous when I grab my wifes iphone and remember how good that is.
Thanks anyway for such a great site and apps currently available. Life is easy with ICE TV. (yes I am sucking up)
Jason

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Jason,

This is something we are working on at the moment and hope to have an app released by Feb 2014.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

KevinCust

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 18, 2013, 04:28:44 PM
Hi Jason,

This is something we are working on at the moment and hope to have an app released by Feb 2014.

Have been wanting this for a couple of years now... Is the release still happening?

juergen

On the main IceTV webpage, there is a note that a Windows Phone app is coming in April.
About time!

bodogbodog

Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

juergen

Good point, but it was posted before today  :-)

bodogbodog

I do hope it is imminent
I used to ask about Win Phone 7 application - and it looked like it might happen - but it never did...

I just bought an iPhone and enjoyed the wealth of apps, including IceTV, available for that platform
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

juergen

I was going to update this thread to say that is was now due in May but a quick check of the home page shows that it is now June...

That's an impressive 14 month test period

juergen

Maybe July August?

KevinCust

Seriously guys... it can't be that hard, it has been years now since you said you were working on it. Can you update us with what is going on?

Is there some API documentation? I'll write one myself.