Icebox 2 daily problem

Started by sir.richard, October 20, 2006, 09:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir.richard

Hey all,

Im a new topfield owner and as of about a week ago, icebox2 owner.

I have the icebox working well.

But there is a problem. I notice that every day when I get home from work I am unable to connect to my icebox via wireless. I know my wireless is working fine as I can connect other devices to it. This has happened every day without fail.

If I unplug the power to the Icebox and then plug it back in so it can restart, it will connect fine.

If I check the logs, it would appear that at some stage every day the Icebox is having a problem and losing the time and restarting.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? Perhaps I have a faulty Icebox2 that is restarting at will, causing the wireless to stop working, and losing its time information when it does.

brianh

Are you sure it's not just the USB connection between the Toppy <-> Icebox that's crashing?

Cheers,
Brian H

sir.richard

I dont think so....I can no longer bring up the IceTV interface which I would be able to see if only the USB had crashed.

I see here I am not alone http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=403.0

I am wondering if the newer Icebox has a problem.

brianh

Best thing to do would be to ring IceTV's support line & talk through any solutions - depending on what they get you to try, they should be able to determine whether you should return the unit for replacement.

Cheers,
Brian H