News on EyeTV 2.3.2 with Australian EPG - Imminent?

Started by imt, October 17, 2006, 11:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod_Hagen

Quote from: Shane on October 19, 2006, 12:56:41 AM

Rod - do you have an IceTV username that is an email address?

If so - go to http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=showIceguide then into the Billing tab, and change your username to a single word username.

Update the details in EyeTV and let me know if it works (I had the same problem and this fixed it).

Regards,
Shane.

Ah Shane, you are a marvel! That was exactly the problem. Fixed it perfectly.  This issue would be well worth a specific FAQ, or a mention in the existing one, I reckon.

Many thanks.

Cheers

Rod

Marc

Quote from: Rod_Hagen on October 19, 2006, 01:56:15 PMAh Shane, you are a marvel! That was exactly the problem. Fixed it perfectly.  This issue would be well worth a specific FAQ, or a mention in the existing one, I reckon.
Excellent idea, and noted.

Marc

It has now been added to the FAQ.

Thanks Shane! Your cheque is in the mail.

danielf

Actually I cannot log into the PIMP site as it says it is still in Beta and I have to be a member of the Beta Team.

I have sent the email requesting access to the Beta program - I don't expect an immediate response - but is this meant to be the case?

Everybody else here just seemed to be able to log into PIMP and away they went...

woodywoodhouse

From an Elgato support e-mail:

"As of Friday Afternoon, the available download for EyeTV 2.3.2 is Build 2403. This can be confirmed by selecting About EyeTV from the EyeTV menu or Get Info on the Application.

There should be no problem with ABC2 in Australia."

I've downloaded it an all seems to be OK. ABC2 works.

Woody.

Jellicle

Quote from: woodywoodhouse on October 21, 2006, 09:17:30 AM

Doesn't work for me :(

adrian

Quote from: woodywoodhouse on October 21, 2006, 09:17:30 AM

"As of Friday Afternoon, the available download for EyeTV 2.3.2 is Build 2403. This can be confirmed by selecting About EyeTV from the EyeTV menu or Get Info on the Application.

There should be no problem with ABC2 in Australia."

Same here.

Now I just need to fix my antenna so I can get 9 again... @#%$%^ cockatoos.

Adrian

neillan

Re: can't get it to work (my own post)

Heiya all!

Fixed my own problem with techsupport (they are great)

You can't have symbols in the username or PASSWORD either. changed that and it works fine.

No biggie

Neillan

mcarter

I having an odd problem also. I boot from two different drives (a long story). I have the EyeTV current build (2396) and an account name that is not my email address. I had no problem setting up the program guide when booting from my internal hard drive but on the external one I get and error message from the EyeTV Guide preferences: "Account status not available (Error: -3263)". I have checked a dozen times and the username and password are definitely correct. Although I boot from two different drives, all my EyeTV data is stored on the internal drive. Is it possible a preference file is corrupt? Any other ideas?

mcarter

Quote from: mcarter on October 21, 2006, 08:31:12 PM
I having an odd problem also. I boot from two different drives (a long story). I have the EyeTV current build (2396) and an account name that is not my email address. I had no problem setting up the program guide when booting from my internal hard drive but on the external one I get and error message from the EyeTV Guide preferences: "Account status not available (Error: -3263)". I have checked a dozen times and the username and password are definitely correct. Although I boot from two different drives, all my EyeTV data is stored on the internal drive. Is it possible a preference file is corrupt? Any other ideas?

How do you spell embarrassment. My problem was related to Little Snitch blocking the connection although, in my defence, I don't remember telling it to block EyeTV. All is working well now.

Marc

Glad to hear it's all working. Even better hearing the ABC2 thing is fixed.

ianlenehan

Quote from: Shane on October 19, 2006, 12:56:41 AM
Quote from: Rod_Hagen on October 18, 2006, 09:52:46 PM
I'm afraid all I can say is "well , it doesn't want to work for me."

Whenever (after working through all the previous steps in the IceTV support document) I go to the EyeTV Programs screen ((I have three options here in the EPG listings - DVD, IceTV and "None") and attempt to select the iceTV option  for a channel  , I get a message saying "Please select an EPG Channel for...."  (whatever the channel may be). Below this is a box in which the only thing which appears is "none" (with a "cancel" and "assign" option below). There seems to be no way of entering anything other than "None"!

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Rod

Rod - do you have an IceTV username that is an email address?

If so - go to http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=showIceguide then into the Billing tab, and change your username to a single word username.

Update the details in EyeTV and let me know if it works (I had the same problem and this fixed it).

Regards,
Shane.

I am having the same problem and I have gone to the IceTV support page and followed all instructions. My username is not an email address, I have set up a new IceTV account, and still nothing appears in the program guide window. I go to "Update IceTV Guide" and it tells me "IceTV is currenty not used by any channel so no update is necessary." When I try to assign an EPG provider to my tuned channels I get the box that only offers me "none". My guide preferences have my account info and it tells me my account is active. How can I get the guide to show in my display?? I have followed all the instructions on the supprt page as mentioned. EyeTV has the logo "powered by IceTV" on the bottom of the window so I am assuming I am on the right track.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ian

Marc

Quote from: ianlenehan on October 25, 2006, 11:57:30 PMI am having the same problem and I have gone to the IceTV support page and followed all instructions. My username is not an email address, I have set up a new IceTV account, and still nothing appears in the program guide window. I go to "Update IceTV Guide" and it tells me "IceTV is currenty not used by any channel so no update is necessary." When I try to assign an EPG provider to my tuned channels I get the box that only offers me "none". My guide preferences have my account info and it tells me my account is active. How can I get the guide to show in my display?? I have followed all the instructions on the supprt page as mentioned. EyeTV has the logo "powered by IceTV" on the bottom of the window so I am assuming I am on the right track.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ian
I *think* I can help with that. Do you have a tuner plugged in?

We've noticed EyeTV doesn't like not having a tuner when assigning an EPG to channels. Please let me know if that solves it for you.

ianlenehan

I just tried it there with the tuner UN plugged and that seemed to work, which is odd. Thanks for the help.  ;D