channel is scrambled or not available

Started by kay67kay, June 08, 2013, 04:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kay67kay

thanks for the email, dave. I now have 1.08.04 back on the machine. however, now a new problem, or series of problems, has arisen. when I went to watch a show i'd recorded last night, all I would get when I pressed play was a black screen, a greyed out triangle with an ! in it and a message saying "the channel is scrambled or not available".

I tried to turn the unit off with the power button on the remote control. it would shut down, but then straight away start itself again. after this happened a couple of times, I tried to watch something i'd taped again, but when I pressed the media button and tried to scroll down the folders, it restarted itself. then when I tried to scroll down the folders again, it was frozen. I had to turn off the switch at the back to get it working again.

right now I am able to watch a recorded show, but if this problem comes back what do I do? is there some other fix i'm supposed to do?

in the last 2.5 to 3 months I have had just about every problem anyone on here has talked about. steps I have taken include:
made sure I have the right software version
reset factory settings twice
turned off auto power off
down graded to 1.07.00
upgraded to 1.08.05
upgraded to 1.08.04
probably other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head

Dave at IceTV

Hi Kerri,

If your Humax is freezing when scrolling around the recorded media folder then I'd suggest contacting Humax Support.

Humax Australia Customer Support
Phone:  1300 737 937
E-mail:  hauservice@humaxdigital.com
'Contact Us' page:  www.humaxdigital.com/au/support/contactus.asp
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

kay67kay

I have called humax, and I must say, I am impressed so far. after describing some of the problems I've had, they have arranged for a courier to come and pick the unit up (and I live out in the middle of nowhere). no questions, no arguments, no taking me through endless steps I've already taken to try and fix thing. they're going to try and repair it, and if I keep having problems, they will replace it. here's hoping it keeps going this well.

kay67kay

ok. now not so impressed. my humax is sitting by the front door all boxed up, not collected today as promised. not happy at all. no phone call or email or anything to say it wouldn't be picked up.

kay67kay

I've called toll and jay from humax had booked the courier for yesterday, but the pick up wasn't done. so i'm still hoping to be impressed by humax but am definitely not impressed with toll.

dcoggins

Huh ... you can't rely on Toll or any of the other big boys. They are like Coles and Woolies, or the fuel companies - cosy control of the market and don't give a stuff about service.

kay67kay

kay67kay

I just got my humax from ... well, humax. they supposedly put a new hdd in it. BUT .... it's still got exactly the same setting as when I sent it away. the padding is still set. all my channels are still there. it's connected directly to my internet as soon as I turned it on. how can it possibly have a new hdd and still have all my settings and everything in it? I don't get it.

prl

Quote from: kay67kay on June 26, 2013, 03:38:10 PM
I just got my humax from ... well, humax. they supposedly put a new hdd in it. BUT .... it's still got exactly the same setting as when I sent it away. the padding is still set. all my channels are still there. it's connected directly to my internet as soon as I turned it on. how can it possibly have a new hdd and still have all my settings and everything in it? I don't get it.
Perhaps the settings aren't stored on HDD. They're not on Beyonwizes, for example. They're stored in a partition of the firmware flash. I recently swapped the HDD on one of my BWs and none of the settings, including the channel settings, were lost.

You'd probably have needed to note down the HDD model number and perhaps serial number (if the Humax has that capability) to be sure whether the HDD was actually swapped.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

kay67kay

maybe it was replaced then. i'm not real cluey about how these things work. I guess i'll find out soon enough. either i'll still have all the same old problems or I won't. fingers crossed I won't!