Humax HDR7500T Freezes with Firmware v1.08.04

Started by carlprowse, December 08, 2012, 11:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg256

Quote from: swamprat96 on March 05, 2013, 11:54:34 AM
I've not experienced any freezing on 1.08 that hasn't been explainable. I do believe this freezing is hardware (HDD) based, As said before I've only experienced freezing via DLNA over wifi- and its down to the wifi dropping out. Since moving to ethernet over power I've not had it.

WiFi adds a whole new level of potential issues. If you can hard wire it and still experience issues I'd be returning the unit. Hey wifi works- but its no substitute for a hard connection

Im just going through the process of replacing one of my failed beyonwiz, i purchased a Humax HDR7500T yesterday, set it up last night and found that every time i tried to access network shares it locked up.
This morning i took the unit back to Harvey Norman and they replaced it, this afternoon i set up the replacement Humax HDR7500T only to find the replacement unit does the same thing.
The unit is NOT running on wifi it's connected via Ethernet, everything works perfectly except for DLNA network shares.

It seems its hard to find a PVR that can access network shares as reliably as a beyonwiz.

swamprat96

to try and nail this one- can you install the free version of TVersity and try again? Don't connect to the windows media player DLNA - just connect to Tversity and see if it works

pvrfeb

I just wanted to add that my Humax is also suffering from freezing. I've only had it a couple of months and it's been on v1.08.04 firmware the entire time.
As others have said, it freezes while scrolling through the media list. Not all the time, but sometimes.

On the weekend it happened so many times in a row I gave up and tried to watch live TV... (Not for very long though)

Toshibasha

This is an update on my situation:
My wife phoned Humax customer service, they appeared to know about the issue in general; and their first bit of advice was to do a factory reset, which my wife did.  That was late last week.  The only particular configuration that she did was to enable wi-fi and enable IceTV (but no DLNA).
Today the machine froze; it was then manually powered down and up; and 10 minutes late failed again.
My wife has had enough so has come up with a great plan, she 's going to get the old Topfield fixed....

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Toshibasha on March 20, 2013, 08:35:16 PM
Today the machine froze; it was then manually powered down and up; and 10 minutes late failed again.
My wife has had enough so has come up with a great plan, she 's going to get the old Topfield fixed....
Getting the old Topfield fixed is probably a good idea, but I would still get the Humax replaced.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dan

I had a similar problem, but noticed that this only occurred when the disc was nearly full.  The issue disappeared when I removed some of the stored programs.  However, since then the PVR froze whist using the information function, so I contact Humax and they have taken the thing away for repair.

Toshibasha

This is the 2nd update on my situation:

1. We returned the Humax for attention/repair.   
Just for reference, I can report this was a pretty painless procedure; no cost and Humax are helpful.

2. We have had the Humax back about 2 weeks; not sure what was done to repair it, but the HD returned was our original.

3.  The problem has not gone away....  My wife will be phoning Humax tomorrow to enquire further.

In the meantime, my wife did buy a Topfield (hey, NO downtime!).

dcoggins

Quote from: Toshibasha on April 21, 2013, 09:28:52 PM
  My wife will be phoning Humax tomorrow to enquire further.
I'd be insisting on a replacement Humax. The freezing problem has not re-occurred on my replacement unit.

That's not to say it's perfect - still occasionally needs a power reset on the rear switch to fix minor problems - but on the whole it is good now.

kbosward

I've had my 7500T for a few weeks now and have noticed freezing when navigating the media files and folders, about once or twice a week. Running wireless and f/w v1.08.04. Last night when viewing the guide I noticed it would sometimes lose the connection to the internet, even though my computer could access the internet fine. May need to take it back for a replacement.

Ken.

megamark

same problem here..freezing when scrolling through media folders......had to switch it off several times to get it to work again.....frustrating

swamprat96

Quote from: kbosward on June 11, 2013, 07:53:20 PM
I've had my 7500T for a few weeks now and have noticed freezing when navigating the media files and folders, about once or twice a week. Running wireless and f/w v1.08.04. Last night when viewing the guide I noticed it would sometimes lose the connection to the internet, even though my computer could access the internet fine. May need to take it back for a replacement.

Ken.

AS said before in this thread I think- I had similar issues on WiFi but not now on ethernet. I have a huge file structure on the PC I stream from and apart from a slow load I have not had one freeze since switching to ethernet. I am aware of one person who has had freezing on ethernet but just one and I think from memory the unit was replaced.
I've also found that fixed IP seems to be problematic and has caused freezes. For this reason I use DHCP. The combination of DHCP and ethernet has fixed my issues on the same version of firmware as you.

Dan

I am having the same problem:  the unit freezes.  I have twice  sent the unit to Humax for repair (at their cost) and the unit still freezes and quite frankly I am getting fed up with the whole deal.  I have tried several work around but to no avail.  The latest one is to reboot the unit before settling down for the night.  This worked for a while and then it froze again. 
The comforting thing is that I am not the only one having this issue.

carlprowse

As noted in another topic, v1.08.07 did not resolve our freezing problem.

So, I have reverted to v1.07

I have tried reboots, factory resets & disk reformats.
I cannot hardwire my network as suggested by swamprat96 due to a slab and brickwalls.

The unit is over 12 months old (what is the warranty period?) so I may just have to live with it. The only thing I miss out on is the TV Portal. It just goes straight to software update. We only used the portal very infrequently for iView, but we can access iView via 4 other ways, so it is not a significant issue.

I am still pleased with the Humax. The PVR function works really well. It is very user friendly.

Dave at IceTV

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

Carl,
I had the same issue- double brick walls and a slab so I couldn't run ethernet cables easily.. But I use ethernet over power- $100 from JB- WDlivewire. Gives you about a 180mb connection and works perfectly. It really is plug and play- no setup. Worth $100 to try?

Cheers
Tony