Humax HDR7500T Freezes with Firmware v1.08.04

Started by carlprowse, December 08, 2012, 11:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcoggins

Quote from: carlprowse on February 10, 2013, 08:54:00 AM
The portal works well for us on v1.07, though we only ever use it to watch iView.
Maybe iView was OK for me on v1.07, but I know that SBS definitely didn't work and the others were very slow and iffy.

As a matter of interest, my replacement Humax is showing no signs of freezing after 3 weeks on v1.08, and I'm giving it a good workout.

So ... I don't know what to make of that.

Toshibasha

Quote from: Helens on February 03, 2013, 12:26:00 PM
Same problem here. Humax freezes when navigating folders. Mostly seems to be when selecting Media just after power on from standby. Very frustrating. Have only had humax for a few weeks and had a lot of problems when first installing it. These were resolved after much time wasted but now this. Not very happy after many trouble free years with another brand.

Just for the record, I* am experiencing the same problem, Humax freezes when navigating folders.  Our unit was purchased just before Christmas, and I believe it came installed with 1.08.04 (so I have no inclination to revert to a previous version).  I use wireless which works with Internet, ICE TV, and viewing of files on the PC (ps I have not touched the Humax software).

I'm guessing from this thread that returning the unit is a "sort of" answer, as the other options did not seem to do the trick.  I'll wait a few days to see if anybody says to the contrary.

*Actually it's my wife who is experiencing the problem, I just get an ear bashing for buying the Humax instead of a replacement Topfield.

dcoggins

Quote from: Toshibasha on February 19, 2013, 08:54:03 PM
Our unit was purchased just before Christmas, and I believe it came installed with 1.08.04 (so I have no inclination to revert to a previous version).  I use wireless which works with Internet, ICE TV, and viewing of files on the PC (ps I have not touched the Humax software).
I got my replacement unit mid-January, and it came with v1.07, so I wouldn't assume that yours was v1.08. Might be worth checking - I'd be interested to hear.

I'm wondering if there was a batch of dicky hard drives fitted.

My replacement unit is still working problem free on v1.08.

Toshibasha

Quote from: dcoggins on February 20, 2013, 07:12:23 AM
I got my replacement unit mid-January, and it came with v1.07, so I wouldn't assume that yours was v1.08. Might be worth checking - I'd be interested to hear....
My replacement unit is still working problem free on v1.08.

Regarding whether I had .07 or .08 I cannot be certain; straight out of the box I explored all the menu items including the 'upgrade' feature, and hadn't at that time recorded version numbers.  I got the impression from the 'upgrade' dialogue messages that I already had the latest software, but if you try the feature its not that helpful with regards to what exactly has happened.  As per before, I'm not inclined to revert or reset, the machine should just work no matter what I do (unless, of course, going 'under the hood').

ps thanks for taking an interest.  I value all contributors to these forums.

dcoggins

Quote from: Toshibasha on February 20, 2013, 08:37:39 AM
Regarding whether I had .07 or .08 I cannot be certain
Go to Menu -> settings -> system -> system information ... will give you loaded software version.

dabbles

My unit is still freezing when navigating folders (at least once a week) very frustrating, I have already done a full format and factory reset, also now the unit reboots at random not that often but normally happens after unit starts up.. :(

dcoggins

Quote from: dabbles on February 20, 2013, 09:36:02 AM
My unit is still freezing when navigating folders ...
Still no definitive answer whether it's software or hardware related - be interesting if Toshibasha has v1.07 and it still freezes.

After my experience I would have to suggest it's a hardware fault.

Have you contacted Humax help yet?

Toshibasha

Hi All: what I meant was that I can see I have 1.08.04 installed now; but I don't know what was installed when I purchased the machine in December.  However,  I do know that it's been .08 for most of the time since the purchase, i.e.  the folder issue is happening with .08.

If I had updated the software from .07 to .08 it happened soon after I opened the box and set-up the machine with wireless, channels, preferences, etc.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: dabbles on February 20, 2013, 09:36:02 AM
My unit is still freezing when navigating folders (at least once a week) very frustrating, I have already done a full format and factory reset, also now the unit reboots at random not that often but normally happens after unit starts up.. :(
Dabbles,

This sounds like you have a faulty Humax. I would advise that you talk to Humax Australia about it because if it is faulty it needs to be replaced.

Humax Australia Customer Support
Phone:  1300 737 937
E-mail:  hauservice@humaxdigital.com
'Contact Us' page:  www.humaxdigital.com/au/support/contactus.asp

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Humax have a new software version that is ready for release. If this freezing issue did start with 1.08.04 then hopefully this next version has fixed it.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

carlprowse

Still no freezes on v1.07, so at least for my Humax 7500T, it appears v1.08.04 was the cause of the freezing

dcoggins

My replacement machine is still working freeze-free on v1.08. This issue must be hardware dependent - maybe a particular batch of HDDs is fussy or something like that.

aliwake1

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on February 20, 2013, 12:08:53 PM
Humax have a new software version that is ready for release. If this freezing issue did start with 1.08.04 then hopefully this next version has fixed it.

Dave, do you know when they will make this available?  There's still only 1.08.04 on the humax support website (nov 2012). 
I think I may have experienced this freezing/crashing thing too, as well as humax suggesting I may need to upgrade my sw to get my tv portal working (reboot didn't work btw). 
I'm not looking forward to upgrading the software - it sounds kind complicated, so I'd rather not have to do it twice...

swamprat96

I've not experienced any freezing on 1.08 that hasn't been explainable. I do believe this freezing is hardware (HDD) based, As said before I've only experienced freezing via DLNA over wifi- and its down to the wifi dropping out. Since moving to ethernet over power I've not had it.

WiFi adds a whole new level of potential issues. If you can hard wire it and still experience issues I'd be returning the unit. Hey wifi works- but its no substitute for a hard connection

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: aliwake1 on March 05, 2013, 10:56:05 AM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on February 20, 2013, 12:08:53 PM

Dave, do you know when they will make this available?  There's still only 1.08.04 on the humax support website (nov 2012). 
I think I may have experienced this freezing/crashing thing too, as well as humax suggesting I may need to upgrade my sw to get my tv portal working (reboot didn't work btw). 
I'm not looking forward to upgrading the software - it sounds kind complicated, so I'd rather not have to do it twice...
We don't know when Humax plan on releasing the new firmware. I though it was ready, but our tests revealed there are a few things that still need fixing.

Updating the firmware via USB is easy. And if it restores the TV portal you can do the next update from the TV portal.

To update via USB:
1. Download the file onto a USB stick.
2. Plug USB stick into front port of Humax.
3. Turn Humax off at rear power switch.
4. While tapping front power button turn Humax on at rear power switch.
5. Keep tapping front button until front display shows it is updating.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service