Humax HDR7500T Freezes with Firmware v1.08.04

Started by carlprowse, December 08, 2012, 11:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlprowse

After upgrading, our Humax has frozen three times. We were browsing the video menu of hard disk recordings each time. We could not move within or exit from the menu, however audio from the tuner was still playing. I believe it has frozen on a folder, rather than a file, each time

The only way we could unfreeze it was by using the switch on the rear to cycle power.

After the second time, I reset the PVR to factory defaults and reconfigured it. However, it has frozen again.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Dave at IceTV

Hi Carl,

It could be a firmware glitch, but other people would be experiencing the same thing. It could be a corrupted file on the hard drive, or maybe even a faulty hard drive. If you are certain that it started right after the update to 1.08.04 you could try (temporarily) going back to the previous firmware to see if it still does it. Or you could format the hard drive (which will delete all existing recordings). If you decide to format the hard drive, you can backup some or all recordings via FTP to a computer, and then restore them later or just leave them on the computer and play them over the network.

If you want test the previous firmware see this guide.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21269627-how-do-i-downgrade-the-humax-software-to-version-1-07-00

I would suggest contacting Humax Australia Customer Support
Phone:  1300 737 937
Contact Us:  www.humaxdigital.com/au/support/contactus.asp
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

carlprowse

Thanks for the quick reply Dave. I am most impressed with IceTV's support.

I have emailed Humax support.

I will wait for a few days before deciding what to do next. If no one else has the issue, I may go for the disk reformat before I downgrade.

dabbles

Had exactly the same problem here yesterday after upgrading to firmware 1.08.4, had to switch off power button from back of unit,
ended up doing a factory reset and formatted the hard drive and it did it again last night, I would say its probably a firmware glitch..

mike_a

Hi

I'm new to PVR's, but since the upgrade my wireless connection keeps dropping out and required a Poweron reset to get it working again

has anyone else experienced this?

regards

Mike

swamprat96

I use wireless also and had no issues. I do run a static ip though and do have issues time to time across all versions. But I don't think it's a humax issue as I have had other wifi issues. Going Ethernet over power soon

carlprowse

A status report.

No futher freezes.

I am still on v1.08.04 and have not tried any fixes since the freeze mentioned in my last post.  Given only one other user has had the issue, maybe the issue is really minor or doesn't exist at all.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: mike_a on December 15, 2012, 07:16:43 PM
I'm new to PVR's, but since the upgrade my wireless connection keeps dropping out and required a Power on reset to get it working again

has anyone else experienced this?
Hi Mike,

The Humax can be sensitive to wireless issues (which your other devices may not notice). We have a list of wireless troubleshooting tips here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20383062-wireless-troubleshooting-tips

For your case I'd suggest seeing tips 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 11
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mike_a

thanks for getting back to me Dave, I'll take a look at your suggestions and get back if i have any further questions or issues

regards

Mike

dcoggins

I have loaded v1.08 and also had a freeze a couple of days ago - I was looking at a file on the HDD and the whole thing stopped responding completely. Only way to reset was to switch off on the back. I have the wifi dongle on the front directly in line-of-sight of the router 8 metres away, and have no problems with the connection at any time, so I can't see that being the cause. I will be keeping a close eye on this.

carlprowse

When you say you were looking at a file, were you using FTP or DLNA? I believe that one of my freezes occured when I was copying a file to the Humax HDD using FTP.

dcoggins

No, I was doing nothing out of the ordinary. I was just about to open a recorded file on the HDD for viewing and had tried to select it with no response. The machine kept working, but there was no response to any input. I had to do a power reset. I do have DLNA set up, but wasn't using it. I have only had this machine for a few weeks, so I have no history yet - hope the freeze was a one-off!!!

dcoggins

Quote from: dcoggins on December 27, 2012, 08:40:36 AM
.... hope the freeze was a one-off!!!
No, it happened again today. Same situation - just looking at files on the internal HDD and it froze. If no-one else has any problems with the latest firmware, it looks like I might have got a dud unit.

dcoggins

Humax support suggested to try reformatting the HDD, which I have done. I will advise if the problem re-occurs.

carlprowse

Our Humax locked up again when scrolling through the list of recorded shows. So, I am keen to hear whether your disk reformat solves your problem.