DP-Lite Not recording

Started by mich@el, March 28, 2011, 08:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mich@el

Well...my brand new DP-Lite arrived from IceTV on Thursday last week. Thursday night I followed all the instructions to set it up - all seemed OK. Could connect to IceTV, see the guide, could see the shows I wanted recorded in the guide...so was happy.

Went away for the weekend, came home last night and nothing is recorded. Looked in the guide again and I can see the things I wanted recorded last night still showing, but again today there is nothing recorded.

Tonight I tried to manually record something (by clicking the record button on the remote while having the show selected in the guide) that was already scheduled to record in IceTV and that didn't record either.

But...If I just record a show on the box (not using IceTV) then it records fine.

Have also logged a call with IceTv support (did that yesterday) and have heard nothing from them...

Has anyone come across anything like this before - seems like nothing I schedule from Ice will work.

prl

Are you allowing enough time for the Beyonwiz to contact the IceTV server and pick up new recordings?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

And have you got any reception problems or duplicate LCN channels, and is your clock setup OK (offset to GMT set correctly etc).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

mich@el

Hi All,  

Thanks for the replies so far.

To test the network, etc, last night I performed the following steps:
- I setup a new recording using the IceTV website at about 9:30pm last night (recorded Winners & Losers, starting @ 11pm),
- Waited until 9:45pm for the box to sync (next scheduled time) and confirmed that the show I had setup appeared in the timer on the DP-Lite (which it did - it was first in the list).
- This morning I checked the box and it is still there, in the timers (even though the time has passed) and it has not been recorded.

Also, I have found the following:
- If I manually record something (press record on the remote while watching a show) on the box, it works fine.
- If I manually schedule a recording on the box (go to the guide on the box, highlight something in the future and record it), it works fine.
- If I setup a recording on the box that is the same as an IceTV recording (i.e. it is already scheduled to record), it will not record that either.
- I can see all the shows I have setup on IceTV appearing in the timers, but they do not record.

to answer your questions:
- The clock is set to 'manual', to the current time and to a GMT +11 (Sydney daylight savings time).
- I can see the IceTV guide and all the shows appear at the correct time (i.e the start itme is correct)
- I have scheduled a recording on Thursday to record a show on Sunday night and it didn't record.
- I have no reception problems (that I am aware of - I can see all the channels OK, no static, etc watching them).
- I don't know what a 'duplicate LCN channel' is. I just bought the box, did the 'auto scan' for all the channels and that's what is on there...

mich@el

OK...have just read through the FAQ and found what an LCN channel was and mine were all still set to 'ALL'. Have now gone thorugh and mapped them all to the appropriate channels.

Will now do a 'clear-out' of the exisiting EPG & timers as per the IceTV FAQ when I get home tonight and get IceTV to resend all the data.

Fingers crossed that works (and that it doesn't stuff up my iMac/EyeTV, which has been working for the last 6 months ???)

prl

Hi, Michael. Switching from ALL to particular LCNs in your IceTV Web setup probably won't change anything here. I have ALL set for all IceTV services for my Lite.

You've said that your time zone is set correctly. Did you set the correct time zone before or after you set the correct time? Do you have the correct time/date set on the Beyonwiz?

I'd strongly recommend using NETWORK time rather than MANUAL.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

mich@el

Thanks Peter,  

Pretty sure I set to the date/correct time with GMT +10, but when I looked at the guide everything was out by an hour, so I realised I had forgotten about DST and changed it to GMT +11 and adjusted the time to suit. This change to GMT +11 would have been after the unit had done it's download of the EPG + timers...

I'll try changing it to Network, clearing the EPG & timers and see how it goes from there.

Thanks for your help.

cheers
Michael.

mich@el

Well...seems like that wasn't it either.

- Changed the time to NETWORK and made sure the time was correct
- Cleared the EPG cache
- Deleted all timers
- Had IceTV resend all scheduled recordings
- Saw them all come through and appear in the timers list on the Wiz
- Same problem...start time passed by and nothing was recorded

prl

That's a strange one. It may be time to call Beyonwiz support. Them rather that IceTV initially because the timers are getting to the Beyonwiz, but are not being started.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

farbar1

I purchased the DP2 recently and I am having a similar problem. It is intermittent and normally happens over a weekend. I suddenly realise that nothing has recorded for a while. I check the timer list and find a couple of days worth of data that never recorded but no new entries have been added for a week or so. ICE say it is a Beyonwiz problem so they virtually wipe their hands of it. I've tried ringing Beyonwiz for support but I can't even get through to their support people (I just sit in a queue and I keep getting asked to make a selection over and over). The only way I have found to fix it is to wipe the data in the timer list, check that the Beyonwiz is communicating with ICE and wait until it refreshes. Not a very good situation - I bought my PVR from ICE so I would be dealing with only one supplier but it is still a shambles. Maybe I will have to send the whole lot back under warranty and start again.

mich@el

I'm in exactly the same boat - I bought the wiz from IceTV for the same reason (only want to be dealing with one company).  Spoke to IceTV support last night and they are going to contact Beyonwiz support today and will call me back tonight with the results.

Will let you know what they come back with...

farbar1

I'll be interested to hear what happens.

tonymy01

ensure your dcm is disabled and ensure you don't have duplicate lcn's (logical channel numbers), and see how you go.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

mich@el

Sorry if this is a silly question...what is a dcm?

Have checked the lcn's and they are all good.

prl

Quote from: mich@el on March 30, 2011, 12:44:20 PM
Sorry if this is a silly question...what is a dcm?
Not a silly question. Dynamic Channel Management. It is meant to take care of changes in the services offered on the scanned channels, and also to take care of when the same set of LCNs is received from more than one broadcast site. You can en/disable it in SETUP>Misc>PVR.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use