Main Menu

Channel 31

Started by AndrewT, May 27, 2010, 06:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j s

Tivo has now obtained C31 (Melbourne) program schedules - will IceTV be far behind?

me

So, any news on Channel 31, Mr IceTV?

beeblebrox

Come on Ice, if the TIVO bozo's have it it, it can't be that hard to get it into our ICE services!!! 

Mitch IceGuide

It's coming, and real soon. I don't have a date for you yet as it's not within my control (unfortunately).

j s

No doubt after the Marngrook Footy Show goes into recess till next winter.

me

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 01, 2010, 01:04:33 PM
It's coming, and real soon. I don't have a date for you yet as it's not within my control (unfortunately).

How soon?

How long must we wait?

csutak40

I really can't understand the holdup - it has been 4 months!!!!!
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

bluetongue

Quote from: csutak40 on September 26, 2010, 12:33:51 PM

I really can't understand the holdup - it has been 4 months!!!!!

and 1 day!

Mitch IceGuide

The community channels cannot supply the guide information in a format suitable. This we have just found out. As you can appreciate, GEM and 7-MATE have suddenly appeared also. The community channels must now be compiled manually.

Since IceTV commenced just over 5 years ago, the number of channels has at least tripled (more) but the cost of the service has stayed the same, and for many has in fact reduced. So whilst I understand wanting community channels, I'd ask that you bear in mind all is being done every day by dedicated people to bring you; the customer, what you deserve. A quality service.

grampus

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 27, 2010, 06:32:20 PM
The community channels cannot supply the guide information in a format suitable. This we have just found out. As you can appreciate, GEM and 7-MATE have suddenly appeared also. The community channels must now be compiled manually.

Since IceTV commenced just over 5 years ago, the number of channels has at least tripled (more) but the cost of the service has stayed the same, and for many has in fact reduced. So whilst I understand wanting community channels, I'd ask that you bear in mind all is being done every day by dedicated people to bring you; the customer, what you deserve. A quality service.
I applaud the amount of effort that you put into this product.
I can't begin to imagine the height of the brick wall the broadcasters build.
it's a great service, and having to put a lot of it together manually just beggars belief.
Don't stop now.

BeyonWiz, T3

beeblebrox

So how is it Tivo can deliver c31 epg via their system?

Sure you've got a good product and sure the price hasn't gone up but you've got a lot more subscribers than 5 years ago. 

Surely you've got someone who has the ability to spend a little bit of time and xml/html skill that can, or even use a basic screen scrapper prgorgam to pull the c31.org.au site...  and import it into your database....

Mork

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 27, 2010, 06:32:20 PM

So What does that mean? Will or wont we get a C31 EPG? If so, then when?

me

I suppose we just rely on the DVB EPG. At least it's available now.
Shame about the scheduling via IceTV.

mtb

WestTV (Perth Ch31) is now appearing in the EPG on our beyonwiz, via Ice.  Nice one folks.

I had previously communicated with both WestTV and Ice and understood it to be a "simple" case of WestTV getting the data to Ice in a suitable format for Ice to use, clearly this has now occurred or Ice have started compiling it themselves as suggested by Mitch.

The only hole remaining for us is that WestTV does not yet appear as one of the channels in Interactive, so we cannot yet schedule programmes via the site.

Getting there though....
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

melmac

Quote from: mtb on October 14, 2010, 07:25:41 PM
WestTV (Perth Ch31) is now appearing in the EPG on our beyonwiz, via Ice.  Nice one folks.

This isn't appearing in my Vista Media Centre do we have to do a re-scan for it to pop up ?