I read an article in this weekend's Fin Review (12-13 Nov 2005) that
Quote...IceTV plans to launch technology in coming weeks that will let owners program their digital video recorders (DVRs) from mobile phones or internet browsers
Are you able to provide more information about this. Â In particular will it be available for the Toppy?
We are designing a generic solution that will be portable to a number of platforms. At this stage we can't say definitely whether any particular PVR will be supported, but given that Topfield is one of the major categories, let's say it's highly likely.
We welcome any input from users as to their wishlist in this regard, via email or this thread.
QuoteWe welcome any input from users as to their wishlist in this regard, via email or this thread.
I'll start the ball rolling:
I'd like to see the following functions be made available over the internet via a browser:
- View the full IceTV EPG (like yourtv.com.au)
- Enter search criteria for TV shows to produce a personal TV guide (again like yourtv.com.au)
- Select a TV programme from the EPG or personal guide and have it entered into the PVRs timer recordings.
- Automatically enter all shows in the personal guide as PVR timer recordings (this should be optional)
- Enter "season passes" (eg. record all shows with the name "Frasier")
- View the current PVR timer recordings
- Edit and delete current PVR's timer recodings
- List what shows you have currently recorded (the file list)