Show Name:    20/20
Channel:    9 Melbourne
Time:    2016-03-16 00:25:00
Duration:    55
Device Label:    Win7
Device Type:    Microsoft Windows 7
Message from recorder:    Failed - Not found in EPG
Last Updated:    2016-03-11 03:25:24

So, I fired up IceTV and sure enough the show had an exclamation mark next to it.  I couldn't really understand what the reason meant, I just re-set the timer.  Got the red queuing icon.  I presumed that in due time that will change to red. 

Instead I got another email with the same message.  So, what does this mean and how do I fix it?

It is definitely there, so why can't it find it?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Hi Judy,

Be careful you don't hurt yourself with those bumps 8)

"Not found in EPG"means exactly basically it says. A program with that start time and that duration on that channel on that day was not in the guide on the recorder.

It can occur if the guide was blank or partially blank. It can also occur if the program has moved and the recorder has not updated the guide yet.

The program you want to record has a xx:25 start time and a 55 minute duration. This suggests to me that maybe the start time and/or duration have been adjusted and maybe your recorder is still showing the original start time or duration in the guide.

- Check that that channel is set to use IceTV (you can quickly check if it has a channel logo in the guide).
- Check that the duplicate of that channel is disabled or showing the same guide data as the main channel.
- Check if that program is in the guide on the recorder.
- Check if that program's start time and duration match the IceTV website.
- If all of the above are okay, try rescheduling the program (click on the program then click on 'Reschedule recording on...').
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 11, 2016, 05:35:43 PM
Hi Judy,

Be careful you don't hurt yourself with those bumps 8)

"Not found in EPG"means exactly basically it says. A program with that start time and that duration on that channel on that day was not in the guide on the recorder.

It can occur if the guide was blank or partially blank. It can also occur if the program has moved and the recorder has not updated the guide yet.

The program you want to record has a xx:25 start time and a 55 minute duration. This suggests to me that maybe the start time and/or duration have been adjusted and maybe your recorder is still showing the original start time or duration in the guide.

- Check that that channel is set to use IceTV (you can quickly check if it has a channel logo in the guide).
- Check that the duplicate of that channel is disabled or showing the same guide data as the main channel.
- Check if that program is in the guide on the recorder.
- Check if that program's start time and duration match the IceTV website.
- If all of the above are okay, try rescheduling the program (click on the program then click on 'Reschedule recording on...').

Well, FWIW, I just repeated the same exercise I did yesterday, that is, reschedule recording  (yesterday, that caused a second email with the same message) and this time it seems to have "taken".  So, I suppose I should leave it at that, but...

This is on WMC, I had a look, there is no logo, even for those that are "set" (see attached)
It was only set for SD but the HD looked the same
It was there

So, I still don't understand what its problem was yesterday, but as I said, it is all better now :-)
Cheers,
Judy