Topfield 2460 not receiving IceTV EPG or Recordings anymore

Started by chrisby80, October 17, 2012, 06:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisby80

My icetv had not been updating EPG or recordings for a couple of days so it was time to do the about-monthly reset to force it to start working again. I updated the firmware while I was at it (to sep 12 2012 1.13.00). No EPG no recordings after resetting five times. Rolled back to July firmware as last one to be listed on topfield website, still nothing. On the icetv website it says EPG fetch done but nothing appearing on toppy. The only thing abnormal is my toppy is chugging very loudly (it's a loud hard drive sound) every now and then - possibly whenever trying to fetch? All connectivity is fine - I've had to disable icetv to be able to set recordings using the standard EPG which is wildly inaccurate.
Anyone have any more suggestions? Or are having similar issues with icetv at present? I'm hoping it's something on their end not mine, but their websites are working ok... And login on toppy to icetv ok...

I really regret bothering to get a Topfield and IceTV it's never been reliable enough to set and forget and has been a waste of money in my opinion.

IanL-S

The 'chugging' noise does not sound promising. There is a possibility that the HDD is failing. There is a TAP (HDInfo) that will give information on SmartSatus and other parameters of the HDD.

I doubt that the problem is at the IceTV end. I have 4 Toppys running IceTV interactive and I have not had this happen to me.

I assume you have done the usual things: factory reset than manual restoring of settings. When a Toppy is misbehaving, I reinstall firmware (for 2460 the last stable - ie TAPs work - firmware is 3 July 2012). Do a factory reset, power off the Toppy, turn it on again, install the firmware, do a factory reset, power off the Toppy, power it on again and then set up the Toppy.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Hi Chris,

Looking at your IceTV account in our system I can see that your Topfield has started downloading the reservations. Sometimes after a reset it can take up to 3 hours before the reservations appear the first time.

You've been using IceTV for a few years so I assume that you know the difference between the various icons. Just in case you don't the following page lists their meanings:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20192822-what-do-the-red-orange-grey-green-and-yellow-icons-mean

You do have a timer conflict on Monday for Can of Worms, due to 2 other shows still recording at that time.

You also have an error due to Invalid Service for a show on Prime. Your account has prime set to channel 60 so make sure that channel 60 has not been deleted. Also make sure that you do not have 2 channel 60s.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

chrisby80

Thanks IanL-S you were spot on - I had to roll back the firmware to Jul 3 firmware to solve the problem, I got a few posts on the Toppy forum which helped me last night :)
The unit is still chugging excessively at times, everything stops responding for approx 30 seconds and then 75% of the time it will reboot. Which is really annoying as I've only seen it doing it during recordings, so obviously the recordings stop when it reboots.
I'm pretty sure the HDD must be on it's way out :( It wasn't a cheap PVR, $669.00 from IceTV directly online, and it's only about 16 months old. I'm guessing warranty won't cover the HDD? What do I need to do to get it replaced, just fit a regular 3.5" HDD myself or is it more involved.
I'll try that TAP "HDInfo" thanks IanL-S, I've remained ignorant to TAPs and haven't bothered learning about them!

christiansenk

My Toppy 2460 has lost all the icetv recordings too.  This is most frustrating as I thought it was because my old router seemed to be dropping connections. now I don't know where i am at.

Currently running  Netgear DGND3700 on 2.4ghz (No port forwding but apparenntly Ice tv is all on port 80 any way).
No firewall rules on port 80
Have: System ID 32026
factory reset
Turn off
Turn on
Rolled back firmware to 3 July application ver TF-BPCF 1.11.00
Turn off
Turn On
Factory Reset
Turn off
turn on
Reconfigured Network and ICETV

Still nothing in EPG... arrgh

any ideas?
PS - love those Catcha words  (!??!)  ? 
Now it won't post cos it thinks i posted but got the captcha wrong  ...
Third go with captcha words

prl

Quote from: christiansenk on December 11, 2012, 12:01:51 AM
... (No port forwding but apparenntly Ice tv is all on port 80 any way). ...
More importantly, all connections to IceTV are outbound from your Topfield.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: christiansenk on December 11, 2012, 12:01:51 AM
My Toppy 2460 has lost all the icetv recordings too.  This is most frustrating as I thought it was because my old router seemed to be dropping connections. now I don't know where i am at.

Currently running  Netgear DGND3700 on 2.4ghz (No port forwding but apparenntly Ice tv is all on port 80 any way).
No firewall rules on port 80
Have: System ID 32026
factory reset
Turn off
Turn on
Rolled back firmware to 3 July application ver TF-BPCF 1.11.00
Turn off
Turn On
Factory Reset
Turn off
turn on
Reconfigured Network and ICETV

Still nothing in EPG... arrgh
Hi christiansenk,

One step at a time. First make sure that the network on the Topfield is working and it can access the Internet. Use Shoutcast as a test as the weather is not working on older firmware.

Make sure that you have Connection Type set to DHCP. 

Once you have the network working and the Topfield can find and access Shoutcast then configure IceTV.

For a guide on setting up the wireless on a late model Topfield see here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20205988

For a guide on setting up IceTV on a late model Topfield see here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20177443#setupiceguide
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

kNIGits

I'm also unable to receive the EPG on my 2460 lately.   System info:

System ID: 32026
Loader Version: v1.02
Device Version v1.0.1
Application Version: TF-BCPF 1.10.00
Last Update: Feb 20 2012
MAC Address: 00:0E:9E:05:F4:3E

My problem is that my Toppy automatically reboots every couple of minutes with IceTV enabled.  I first noticed it happening on the Oct 11 firmware, so I downgraded to the Jul 03 firmware.  The reboots still occurred, so I downgraded to the Feb 20 Firmware.  No change.

Scanning channels works.  Network works (tested with YouTube).   It's just enabling IceTV that causes reboots.  After the reboot, I still don't have an EPG.  It reboots again a minute or two later.

Is there anything visible from IceTV's end that could determine the cause?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: kNIGits on December 15, 2012, 02:43:19 PM
My problem is that my Toppy automatically reboots every couple of minutes with IceTV enabled. 
The cause is the channels that you have enabled in your IceTV account.

For the solution please see "Why does my Topfield randomly restart when IceTV is enabled?" here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21705822-why-does-my-topfield-randomly-restart-when-icetv-is-enabled
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

kNIGits

Thanks, Dave.  I deleted all duplicate channels from my PVR, and updated my settings on the website.  I'm monitoring it to see if the reboots continue.

rippernz

Im also having the same problem.
Its a new 2400 and my first PVR and also IceTV subscription.

I have done a factory reset and reentered my IceTV details in and get a successful login screen pop up.
I read above it could take up to 3 hrs for the records to come through, its been over 3 hrs since i tried it but still nothing.

Ill try some of the other procedures listed above with the firmware downgrades etc tomorrow.

Edit:
So i just installed firmware from July 3rd and set back up using the above insturctions, now time to see if the recording reservations come through.

rippernz

no downloads over night.

Anyone got any ideas?

i have followed this link and still nothing http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20177028-how-do-i-clear-out-the-cached-guide-and-force-an-update

Dave at IceTV

Hi rippernz,

None of your series recordings are on in the next 7 days. Try setting some recordings for shows that are on in the next 5 days.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

rippernz

Hi Dave,

I didn't realise that it only put it up in the 7 days ahead, as i said im now to this so trying to work it all out.
The show that i did add must have finished for the year.

I have added a couple of new shows that i know are on in the next week.

thanks for your help Dave, ill let you know how i get on.

Dave at IceTV

IceTV schedules all episodes as single recordings on the PVR. And we only send schedules 5 days in advance.  You can see which of your series recordings are going to record in the next 7 days in My Week, here:
http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/myupcomingshows

But only the first 5 days of episodes will be listed in the reservation list on the Topfield. These episodes should be listed in My Week with the solid red series icon.

The 6th and 7th day's episodes in My Week would always be listed with the hollow queued series icon. It's a rolling 7 days so the 6th day's episodes will become the 5th day tomorrow and they should then be downloaded by the Topfield, and then the icon should turn solid. And of course another day's episodes will be added the bottom of the list to become the 7th day.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service