WINHD and 9Life

Started by vader1111, February 26, 2016, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daylesfordpep

I am still not getting EPG for Ballarat.  Should there be new channels under "Channels: Select the correct LCN for each channel"  in the account section to tick the box.

Mac37

Quote from: prl on March 05, 2016, 03:43:43 PM
Quote from: furbies on March 04, 2016, 09:48:21 PM
Bowral NSW 2576, still missing GOLD, GEM & Extra (all WIN TV), TVSN, Aspire (all Southern Cross), 4ME, ishoptv & RACING.COM (all Prime), from the IceTV Guide Settings page

The IceGuide has never had EPG information for those channels in any area.

Probably should get EPG for GEM.
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

prl

Quote from: mac37 on March 07, 2016, 03:08:36 PM
Quote from: prl on March 05, 2016, 03:43:43 PM
Quote from: furbies on March 04, 2016, 09:48:21 PM
Bowral NSW 2576, still missing GOLD, GEM & Extra (all WIN TV), TVSN, Aspire (all Southern Cross), 4ME, ishoptv & RACING.COM (all Prime), from the IceTV Guide Settings page

The IceGuide has never had EPG information for those channels in any area.
Probably should get EPG for GEM.

Yes, I missed that. GEM should definitely have EPG. The others have no EPG in IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: daylesfordpep on March 07, 2016, 02:31:31 PM
I am still not getting EPG for Ballarat.  Should there be new channels under "Channels: Select the correct LCN for each channel"  in the account section to tick the box.

You might want to follow the instructions in Information needed for new channels (7flix, TEN HD and more).

If you want to have channel picons (channel logos) for the channels in Ballarat, you might like to follow the instructions in "T2 / T3 / T4 FAQs, Tips & How to Guides > Request for updates for channel picons" on the Beyonwiz forum at:
http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9355

You'll need to copy/paste the URL into your browser, because the IceTV forum software mangles URLs with ampersands in them.

If you create the picon setup as requested on the Beyonwiz forum, I can also provide the information IceTV needs to set up Ballarat IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

daylesfordpep

Ballarat is 80 to 88 but only 81 and 88 have a guide. 

prl

Quote from: daylesfordpep on March 07, 2016, 05:07:36 PM
Ballarat is 80 to 88 but only 81 and 88 have a guide.

Yes, that's probably right. Just do what I suggested.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

daylesfordpep

Using a Topfield.  If the Guide doesn't show the programs and it doesn't show them under Win TV on the Time/Channel in the TV Guide on IceTV website I do not see how you can tape shows.  Surely IceTV need to propagate the shows on their end first.

daylesfordpep

As I can now stream catchup on my TVs for ABC, SBS, 7Two and Ten it starts to defeat the purpose of IceTV.  As I can't stream the Win programs I was going to continue but maybe its time to go. 

MD

I guess it depends on how much you enjoy unavoidable adverts on commercial catchup, sometimes poor picture quality and deletion after two weeks?

IanL-S

Ice TV needs to know the LCN for each service in a region. Unfortunately they are not uniform and with the Regional Nine network affiliates there is a lack of consistency in the content of particular LCN. However, it is easier for older PVRs than newer one like the SKIPPA and Beyonwiz T series where the information required is much more complex.

Strangely the regulatory authority no longer publishes this information. So, IceTV needs the help of users in getting the necessary information.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

furbies

Quote from: IanL-S on March 08, 2016, 06:17:03 PM
Ice TV needs to know the LCN for each service in a region. Unfortunately they are not uniform and with the Regional Nine network affiliates there is a lack of consistency in the content of particular LCN. However, it is easier for older PVRs than newer one like the SKIPPA and Beyonwiz T series where the information required is much more complex.

Strangely the regulatory authority no longer publishes this information. So, IceTV needs the help of users in getting the necessary information.

Ian

Well, if IceTv folks asked, I'm sure they'd be deluged with data...

I've got an EyeTV setup, and a Topfield so I could give two datasets, and it's not as if IceTV doesn't know where it's existing users are based, based on our billing addresses.

IanL-S

Not sure what data EyeTV needs.

However, it is possible the problem you are having with the Toppy is with the Topfield. Try resetting the service list (Menu, Installation, System Recovery, Reset Service List); then do a service scan. The Toppy can assign incorrect LCN to some services if you do not delete them first - this is caused by a bug in the duplicate service deletion module of the firmware.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on March 08, 2016, 06:17:03 PM
... Strangely the regulatory authority no longer publishes this information.  ...

Did the regulatory authority (ACMA) ever publish the triples data needed by the Beyonwiz/SKIPPA IceTV configuration?

FreeTV is the only source I know of for that data, and they haven't published an update since October 2013. FreeTV is, in its own words, "... the industry body representing Australia's commercial free-to-air television broadcasters."
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

daylesfordpep

Have cancelled my account.  Prl is right about the ads but I don't believe stations should be ignored revenue.  Both Supernatural and the Blacklist did not record the last two episodes from last year.  By the time you realise IceTV has failed it is too late to use catchup so I end up waiting 12 months until it hits a streaming service.  For an extra $2 on my IceTV subscription I can get an extra streaming service.  All IceTV offers is a recording service.  If it does not record or cannot show programs in my account it looses its value.  As they no longer reply to Facebook or add regularly to these concerns on the forums and have reduced phone support they don't deserve support.  Besides they already have 3 years membership written off last year.  IceTV Mark 2 needed to be better but I find it worse.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: daylesfordpep on March 07, 2016, 06:02:10 PM
Using a Topfield.  If the Guide doesn't show the programs and it doesn't show them under Win TV on the Time/Channel in the TV Guide on IceTV website I do not see how you can tape shows.  Surely IceTV need to propagate the shows on their end first.

This is correct, we do need to propagate the guide data across to the new channels, this was done for Ballarat on the 2nd of Feb, so as long as you have re-scanned you should be seeing the new information.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.