IceTv in Voluntary Administarion

Started by emmsee, October 07, 2015, 05:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warkus

Dave,

I feel for you and your staff and what you must be going through at present.

Are you still employed?

Can you give some indication on what's going to happen next? is the guide going to continue to be produced, at least for the interim?

Will the shipment of Skippas that were supposed to be in stock now ever see the light of day?

Will Skippa FTA firmware now be released based on these events?

So many questions...

ozgreg

Clearly this is a terrible blow to the staff of icetv and of course us who placed our faith in Icetv..

For those who purchased Skippa through Paypal and have not received your goods (and I suspect unlikely that we would ever do so) I would strongly suggest you open a dispute in paypal ASAP as Paypal buyer protection could provide you with a way to get your money back..

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-claims/company-goes-into-liquidation/td-p/913217?profile.language=en-gb

Pursya

Quote from: emmsee on October 07, 2015, 08:56:29 PM
I've also lodged a dispute with PayPal and await there responses,  but I'm not holding my breath

Thanks. I have also opened a dispute with PayPal.
I just wished I had taken the offer of a refund a month or so ago when I complained about the late delivery of the unit.

snuke

This is truly horrid, I hope for all the staff they can come out the other side of this and still operate as they once did.

emmsee

This is PayPal's Buyer Protection, so I believe we have cover, despite IceTV's Insolvency!
I've also written to Mark Everingham from TPH asking if they intend to honour the  ".....at this stage intend to continue trading in the normal course for a short period of time whilst an urgent sale of business campaign is conducted".
Will advise of a reply.
Meanwhile, if you paid for your unreceived Skippa via PayPal I'd suggest lodging a dispute claim with PayPal.
The news re IceTV/Skippa is not necessarily all doom and gloom.
If TPH do as they say, the IceTV guide will continue and the Firmware update will happen.
On On!
emmsee

themolk

Dave - this is just horrible news for all you guys.I understand people are (rightly) upset they haven't got their Skippa however I hope you guys don't take too much heat for that when I know it won't have been your decision. I hope you all get all your entitlements and are able to either keep your jobs or find new ones easily. I really feel for you and the rest of the team at IceTV.

emmsee

Reading through the PayPal Buyer Protection policy I came across this:

S16.1 Credit Card Chargeback rights, if applicable, may be broader than the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy. Chargeback rights are not limited to specific amounts per transaction and may cover intangible items.

S16.2 You may pursue a claim or dispute with PayPal or contact your Credit Card provider to pursue your Chargeback rights. You may not pursue both at the same time or seek a double recovery. If you have an open claim or dispute with us and subsequently file a Chargeback with your Credit Card provider, we will close your dispute or claim.

S16.3 Before contacting your Credit Card provider or filing a dispute with us, you should contact the seller to resolve your issue in accordance with the seller's return policy.

May be of interest if you paid via PayPal/credit card

JPP

Quote from: emmsee on October 07, 2015, 11:03:10 PM
This is PayPal's Buyer Protection, so I believe we have cover, despite IceTV's Insolvency!
I've also written to Mark Everingham from TPH asking if they intend to honour the  ".....at this stage intend to continue trading in the normal course for a short period of time whilst an urgent sale of business campaign is conducted".
Will advise of a reply.
Meanwhile, if you paid for your unreceived Skippa via PayPal I'd suggest lodging a dispute claim with PayPal.
The news re IceTV/Skippa is not necessarily all doom and gloom.
If TPH do as they say, the IceTV guide will continue and the Firmware update will happen.
On On!
emmsee
I too have lodged a dispute claim with PayPal. Note that you require to contact your supplier and if that does not solve the issue, you have about 20 days from the date you made your claim to elevate the dispute to a PayPal Claim.

I quote:"You can escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim until 27/10/2015. On that date, we will automatically close the dispute. We encourage you to respond to the seller as soon as possible. A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim"
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

warkus

just escalate straight away JPP, you can do that...

Escalate and if it asks why, state - Company in Administration.

Its fine to escalate prior, especially knowing they are not going to reply to anyone from here...

grahford

Quote from: JPP on October 07, 2015, 11:52:28 PM
I too have lodged a dispute claim with PayPal. Note that you require to contact your supplier and if that does not solve the issue, you have about 20 days from the date you made your claim to elevate the dispute to a PayPal Claim.

What is the correct way of contacting the supplier in cases like this?  Do I fill in the webform to sales first, quote my order number and say I want to cancel it and then wait a few days?  Or can I just use the email I got about going into Voluntary Administration as hearing from them first and move straight to elevating to PayPal?

edit: And Warkus has already answered the question while I was typing it up.

warkus

that system Paypal use is mainly geared up to Ebay purchases where the seller would normally reply in a disputed case.

The likelihood that IceTV will respond to any request for information from Paypal after what has happened is little to none.

Just escalate immediately stating administration as the reason, I'm sure by now the number of disputes that are going through that Paypal has already worked it out anyway.

JPP

We're not talking small cookies here. Say there is a claim of 2000 odd units at $400 average; that's nearly $1M.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

gibster

Well this really sucks. I got an e-mail just last week telling me they were going to ship after the weekend, and now this. If this goes on and someone doesn't take over the company and deliver the paid for Skippas, then I don't see how anyone could stay loyal to just using their guide service. I know they wouldn't get another cent out of me, and I've got about 5 years of IceTV subscrition service left.

Just sucks

gib

More like 50 years when I add in the cost of the non-existent SKIPPA
BeyonWiz V2

celicasx

Paypal will only take disputes within 180 days of the transaction so anyone prior to early July I expect will be out of luck with that process.

warkus

The skippas only went on sale from May 25, that wasn't 180 days ago for anyone... its only 135!!

everyone that ordered and paid using paypal still has claim options open to them.