Two tabs for IceTV?

Started by prl, April 05, 2013, 05:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I control recordings two Beyonwizes with IceTV (DP-Lite and DP-P2, running 01.07.350 and 01.05.350 respectively).

A while back I thought it might be useful to display MyWeek for each of them in two tabs in Firefox (19.0.2 on OS X 10.8.3). Mostly this works well, but there seem to be cache problems with the fact that the two tabs both use the same URL. It's particularly noticeable if Firefox shuts down and is the restarted with the remembered tabs - normally one of the two tabs has the MyWeek data for wrong PVR, even though its Device dropdown shows the correct PVR (and just refreshing the page won't correct the data).

This even happens sometimes if the Mac sleeps while Firefox is running. When it wakes up again from the sleep, again, one of the tabs is showing the wrong data.

I'm persisting with using it like this, mainly because it helps when I want to quickly see what's recording today, see which device would be best for scheduling a new recording, and for when I want to switch a recording to a different device because of a timer conflict.

Is there anything anyone can suggest to improve this?

Of course, being able to control both devices from the one tab would be even better :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

To open each device in their own tab reliably would probably require the device ID in the URL. Otherwise you are always working with the last selected device.

What about two different browsers - one for each device. e.g. Open My Week for PVR-1 in Firefox and My Week for PVR-2 in Chrome.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 05, 2013, 07:32:09 PM
To open each device in their own tab reliably would probably require the device ID in the URL. Otherwise you are always working with the last selected device.
Yes, I'd thought about something like that - faking it up in an ignored query parameter, for example. Obviously something that could only be done from the server end.

What about two different browsers - one for each device. e.g. Open My Week for PVR-1 in Firefox and My Week for PVR-2 in Chrome.
Yuk :)

I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Thanks!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

It's not 2 separate tabs, but in the IPhone/iPad app, all devices are displayed in MY WEEK, one view.
Certainly makes the checking of my recordings much easier.
Maybe the Web server could have this as an option?

BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Quote from: grampus on April 06, 2013, 07:04:29 AM
It's not 2 separate tabs, but in the IPhone/iPad app, all devices are displayed in MY WEEK, one view.
Certainly makes the checking of my recordings much easier.
Maybe the Web server could have this as an option?
The OS X Dashboard widget is similar, but the recording device isn't immediately visible, you need to click on a recording to see which device is recording it.

Also, the Dashboard widget doesn't differentiate between queued and scheduled recordings in its display. I don't know why IceTV did it that way, but it's IIRC always been like that. I don't know whether it shows the warning triangle, though that's not so important now with email notification.

Yep, I'm picky ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

Heres a snap of the Ipad

BeyonWiz, T3

prl

The Dashboard widget does not include the device name in its main screens. The device name is only mentioned incidentally when a recording is clicked on for the cancel recording/cancel series buttons.

I don't have either an iPad or a phone capable of running an IceTV widget.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

Just wondering if maybe it may be worthwhile to have an option in the website to combine all devices in a similar fashion?
In My week, where we select individual devices, have a field for "all"
BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Quote from: grampus on April 07, 2013, 04:00:54 PM
Just wondering if maybe it may be worthwhile to have an option in the website to combine all devices in a similar fashion?
In My week, where we select individual devices, have a field for "all"
I think I've suggested this myself in the past, so yes, I think it would be a good idea.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Mike

Quote from: prl on April 05, 2013, 10:50:40 PM
Yes, I'd thought about something like that - faking it up in an ignored query parameter, for example. Obviously something that could only be done from the server end.

Hi,

You should be able to open a tab for each device explicitly using the following URL format

http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/myupcomingshows/?search_pimp_device_id= <- Device ID here

You can get the appropriate IDs from the device specific links on the TV Recorders page (Copy link location, it's the number in quotes, don't include the quotes).

Cheers,

Mike

prl

Hi, Mike. Thanks!

I found the device IDs (after a little poking around), and I've set up the two pages as you suggest. I'll see how it goes!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Mike, Thanks once again. It's working perfectly!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use