Error scheduling... with no apparent cause

Started by prl, December 11, 2012, 03:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I had a two shows for today (Wed 11 Dec) in My Week show go from scheduled series to queued, apparently because of a schedule changes on IceTV, but when I powered on the Beyonwiz, one (Better Homes and Gardens) updated successfully to the new time, but the other (7TWO, Homes Under the Hammer) is now showing the yellow warning triangle with the message "There was an error scheduling this show to device Xerxes. This show is part of a series recording." There is a timer on the Beyonwiz for the show, but I suspect it's for the old time.

The timer on the Beyonwiz is for 22:00-23:15, and the time showing in IceTV EPG (ACT) is 22:15-23:30. I rescheduled the recording in My Week and forced the Beyonwiz to refetch the EPG and timers. The timer remained the same, and the error triangle is back in My Week. Why couldn't it be updated?

The online guide on Yahoo is still showing Homes Under the Hammer as 22:00-23:15, so I presume the schedule change is part of IceTV trying to second-guess the actual start times. Could the IceTV scheduled time have changed more than once since the Beyonwiz last on last night (it's in standby when not in use)? If it did, would that cause problems?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

It sounds like the timer for 'Homes Under the Hammer' failed to be updated because the Beyonwiz did not delete the original timer first. We'll have a look at the logs on your account and see if we can determine what went wrong.

The IceTV guide team don't second guess the TV stations. If we changed the start time by 15 minutes it was because a more reliable source than Yahoo has indicated that the start time had changed by 15 minutes.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on December 14, 2012, 12:42:39 PM
It sounds like the timer for 'Homes Under the Hammer' failed to be updated because the Beyonwiz did not delete the original timer first. We'll have a look at the logs on your account and see if we can determine what went wrong.
Thanks. That's what I'd guessed might have happened.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

We have now updated our server to fix the issues the Beyonwiz had with late schedule changes.

This change should also fix the issue Media Center had with late schedule changes.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use