Series Recording - first run only - first run items not flagged in red

Started by IanL-S, October 18, 2012, 01:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Over the last few days several of my series timers (first run only) have not been recorded. When checking timers this afternoon I found 3 first runs that had grey circles (indicating they are reruns) but the data indicates that they are first runs.

Has anyone else seen this?

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Hi Ian,

Were these new series recordings, or ones that had already been set and working previously?

Looking at your account they have solid red icons now.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

These series recording has been in place for some time. On Toppy 3 I went in and redid the series recording which seemed to fix the issue. There was a similar problem on Toppy 5, which I also had to fix (if I recall correctly). On both these Toppys there was a phantom recording for Lethal Weapon 4 tonight (or it may be tomorrow night). I definitely did not set either of them. I deleted them (not sure if I did this on the Toppy or the Interactive site ... I relatively confident that I did so on the IceTV Interactive site). It is strange that the same error occurred on both the main Toppy (Toppy 3) and the backup Toppy (Toppy 4) ... both are 2400s running October 2012 beta firmware. However, as the issues seems to be at the IceTV server end, rather than with the Toppy, the firmware being run should not make any difference. I have seen several phantom reservation/timers in the last week. Often in the middle of the night.

I also see on next Monday (22 October) 1 am there is two entries for JAG, one for Boomerang Part 1 and the other for Boomerang Part 2. Also, according to promotions running on TEN in Melbourne, the Tuesday night episodes of NCSI and NCSI Los Angeles are first run, yet they are listed as repeats on IceTV Interactive.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

grampus

Quote from: IanL-S on October 18, 2012, 01:37:26 PM
Over the last few days several of my series timers (first run only) have not been recorded. When checking timers this afternoon I found 3 first runs that had grey circles (indicating they are reruns) but the data indicates that they are first runs.

Ian
Yes, I had one yesterday as well.  The problem was seen on both my Ipad, and PC.  I had refreshed a couple of times.
Looking at the sheduled item, when I went to alter screen , it advised at the top that it was part of a series, but wasn't scheduled.  No reason given.
After reporting it to support, I was advised that it as now red. 
Rechecked and as advised it was correct.
Another mystery in our wonderful world of capacitors/inductors/resisters/firmware/multiware/vaporware that we use to make our life easier.
BeyonWiz, T3

Trial_Master

Same situation here. I have The Good Wife on a series recording but next weeks show is grey and has no reason for not scheduling. I just raised a support ticket #19712

Quote from: grampus on October 19, 2012, 08:10:55 AM
Quote from: IanL-S on October 18, 2012, 01:37:26 PM

Ian
Yes, I had one yesterday as well.  The problem was seen on both my Ipad, and PC.  I had refreshed a couple of times.
Looking at the sheduled item, when I went to alter screen , it advised at the top that it was part of a series, but wasn't scheduled.  No reason given.
After reporting it to support, I was advised that it as now red. 
Rechecked and as advised it was correct.
Another mystery in our wonderful world of capacitors/inductors/resisters/firmware/multiware/vaporware that we use to make our life easier.

prl

I've had an instance of this, now, too (ACT Guide, Beyonwiz DP-Lite, fw 01.07.350).

It was for Highway Patrol (Prime S 19:30 Wed 31 Oct). "First runs only" series recording, show not marked as a repeat, but greyed out with the usual less-than-specific tooltip "Series recording not scheduled to record", which is what the greyed-out icon tells me anyway.

I appear to have fixed it just by going to "Update series on ...", and then updating the series without changing anything. Normal red scheduled recording icon reappears. Just need to wait now to see if it "sticks".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

The fix for Highway Patrol seems to have "stuck". I just updated IceTV on the Beyonwizes, and it's now showing as a red scheduled series recording icon.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

But now, my series recording for The Bridge disappeared from My Week for no apparent reason. I've just added it back.

(ACT Guide. Beyonwiz DP-P2, fw 01.05.350)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on October 29, 2012, 05:02:12 PMBut now, my series recording for The Bridge disappeared from My Week for no apparent reason. I've just added it back.
I also had the same grey circles, and fixed by updating the series, but in my case the series recording for The Bridge is still safely there in My Week. I do not have any overlapping timers for that night.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Vortical

Quote from: raymondjpg on October 29, 2012, 06:05:40 PM
Quote from: prl on October 29, 2012, 05:02:12 PMBut now, my series recording for The Bridge disappeared from My Week for no apparent reason. I've just added it back.
I also had the same grey circles, and fixed by updating the series, but in my case the series recording for The Bridge is still safely there in My Week. I do not have any overlapping timers for that night.
All my recorings for sun night were grey for all new episodes.

I updated each of the series record timers (some are years old with no failures)
Now they are showing red and ready to send to the pvr.

Weird and worrying issue icetv, If we can't rely on icetv being accurate and correcly recording what's the point in paying for icetv. 

I only discovered these errors by accident as my wife asked me to set a new series recording.

prl

Quote from: Vortical on October 30, 2012, 03:30:17 AM
If we can't rely on icetv bing accurate and correcly recording what's the point in paying for icetv. 
You mean as in "Never miss your favourite show again"?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

futzle

I've got one of these now on my account (futzle): NCIS on TEN at 20.35 on Tuesday 6 November (device EyeTV).

I'm going to deliberately not touch it and leave it in its unexpected state (grey) so you people at IceTV can investigate.  You've got until midday Tuesday before I force it to schedule—I'll get in big trouble if it fails to record.

Nixay

I've also got series for new eps of NCIS to record on Tuesday night but with the grey circles.

It missed recording two weeks ago, last week only recorded because I manually set it from the PVR.  This week looks like it'll fail again unless I standby at the PVR.  I tried to update the series as previous posters have, but this hasn't had any effect.

grampus

Mine is greyed out as well.
Not shown in my PVR.
I wonder if this comes about due to a change in time?
I notice that its scheduled time is 8:35
I wonder if it started out at 8:30, and this is and end result of the time being altered.

I'll leave as is, in case Ice wish to investigate.
I can't put a time on when this sort of thing has started to occur, but I think it may have only been in the last few weeks?  Month, the grey matter goes as I have more red
BeyonWiz, T3

futzle

Tonight's episode of The Mentalist (Red Dawn, not a repeat) steadfastly refuses to switch from grey to red (device EyeTV).

Attempting prl's trick of doing a no-op Update Series on ... hasn't had any effect.  Re-sending recordings for the device sent everything but that episode.

I'm going to have to manually schedule this episode but I'll try to leave it till later today in case IceTV people want to look at it.

Edit: Aaand now it's red.

Edit edit: So too has NCIS fixed itself.  Ok, IceTV, you did something.  Care to explain?