Author Topic: Web site TV Guide displayng multiple entries for same show Sunday 4th OCT  (Read 108 times)

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Subject heading says most of it.
I am a Melbourne user
 Looking at web TV Guide, Sunday 4th October I have a number of shows display with"hundreds", of duplicates same show, same channel, same time.
Well so many I didn't count them but DCI Banks,
Top Gear, No Passport Required
 to name a few.
 all have duplicates, seems like pages full.

Just me?
BeyonWiz, T3

Offline Jennifer

• IceTV Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Web site TV Guide displayng multiple entries for same show Sunday 4th OCT
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 10:44:21 AM »
Please excuse us. Sunday 4th October is still a work in progress and is being impacted by Daylight Savings changeover. We should have everything in as it should be later today.
Thank you for your patience.

Jennifer
Guide Team
IceTV Guide Team

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 10:58:40 AM »
Hi Jennifer
tks for the prompt reply.
cheers

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 12:36:09 PM »
I suspect this is causing my TRF-2400 and TF7100HDPVRt to spontaneously reboot. This started happening this morning so it could be a coincidence. However, my TRF-5300 which does not suffer from IceTV download overload is not rebooting.

Would it be possible to alleviate this problem with the prone Toppys to shorten the number of days for which timers are downloaded for a short period when daylight saving transition occurs?

Ian
IceTV: 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4
No IceTV: a few Toppys
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Offline MD

• Administrator
  • Guru
  • TV TV Australia MD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 01:00:10 PM »
Hi IanL_S,

I have another 200 user with spontaneous rebooting and I'm assuming it's due to the extra 10SHAKE channel which is replacing a 10 channel that maybe was not previously set to be used in the IceTv Guide settings.  Also 10HD now has two LCNs - 1 & 15 which may have added another EPG feed until one of the two is disabled.  Can the choice of these new channels in Guide Settings be shortened/deleted to see if it fixes the problem?

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 01:02:29 PM »
I have already done so. Will just check to see if it overcame the problem. Kim was watching something on Netflix so I could not check earlier.

Ian

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 01:28:53 PM »
Something very odd is happening. I changed the EPG settings to remove duplicate SD LCNs for which there is also HD LCN, and disabled second HD LCN for 10HD. I have always had C31 and SBS Food LCN disabled. However none of the changes seem to have made it through to the server, and the Toppys continue to spontaneously reboot. Could it be a caching problem somewhere.

Will leave it for a few minutes and report back when I try again. This time I will boot up only one of the 4 Toppys that are going mad.

I think we can rule out the timers being the problem, as the 2400's only have a hand full of scheduled recordings, so it must the the EPG data download causing this problem.

Will report my progress

Ian

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 02:55:53 PM »
Something very odd is happening. I changed the EPG settings to remove duplicate SD LCNs for which there is also HD LCN, and disabled second HD LCN for 10HD. I have always had C31 and SBS Food LCN disabled. However none of the changes seem to have made it through to the server, and the Toppys continue to spontaneously reboot. Could it be a caching problem somewhere.

Will leave it for a few minutes and report back when I try again. This time I will boot up only one of the 4 Toppys that are going mad.

I think we can rule out the timers being the problem, as the 2400's only have a hand full of scheduled recordings, so it must the the EPG data download causing this problem.

Will report my progress

Ian

Hi Ian,

Can you please report any information that you do find as we are at a complete loss (and don't have any Toppy's here to test on) as to what is causing the reboots.

It does seem like more than a coincidence that this has happened after the daylight savings crossover day is now within the 7 day window, however if it can be narrowed down to a specific channel that is causing the reboots then we can dive into that channel in greater detail.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 03:32:23 PM »
Daniel

Something definitely on the weird side is going on. I tried tuning IceTV off on on of the Toppys. After doing so I shut down the 2400. When it restarted the IceTV epg data and timers were still there (although the EPG did no have the IceTV banner on it). It appears that all this was cached and disabling IceTV did not clear the cache. Next I tried doing a service reset, followed by new service scan. I then gave instruction to resend all timers to the 2400. Next I set up IceTV and shortly after selecting the 2400 the Toppy rebooted. I then tried to look at the EPG and the Toppy rebooted. When it restarted I decided to check EPG and timers using WebControl (allows access to this information on my PC). No EPG data and no timers listed. Decided to wait for the next EPG/Timer download before doing anything else.

I will report my progress.

Ian

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 04:31:14 PM »
No luck (unfortunately). Will try setting up a new account and progressively add services.

Ian

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »
No luck (unfortunately). Will try setting up a new account and progressively add services.

Ian

Thanks Ian, that will be a huge help.

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 05:27:30 PM »
Daniel, unfortunately setting up a new account does not seem to have helped. I set up a 2400 with EPG data being sent for only ABC services. Same thing seems to be happening. Looking a bit more stable. The other 2400 seems to be recording not sure if it is rebooting; the 7100+ is also recording not sure if it has rebooted since it started recording.

Ian

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 05:33:39 PM »
I have been going through a heap of checks today and have finally found something that could account for this based around the daylight saving crossover. I am cleaning out invalid entries now and will post back when complete, but this looks to be the likely cause of the issue.

As a temporary measure we have also double our server capacity while it is under higher than normal load.

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 05:53:50 PM »
Thanks for the update Daniel.

Odd thing, when a Toppy wakes from standby to do a recording, it does not appear to be rebooting. The 3 Toppys still have IceTV generated timers, just no EPG data. Not sure why this would be, will delve it the log of rebooting and see if this is in fact what is happening.

Still no luck the 2400 that I have on the newly created account - no timers downloading, no EPG data and it is rebooting. Will keep an eye on the log to see how frequently that it happening.

Ian

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 06:07:53 PM »
This just sounds like the Toppy doesn't update the EPG if waking to record.

I have cleaned out all the incorrect data now and things are looking at lot more stable in terms of the load on the server.

Can you check to see if any of the Toppys are still rebooting?

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
"Last EPG Fetches" on ICE website not showing all my PVR's

Started by Barista181 on Smart Recording website and General questions

2 Replies
Last post June 26, 2020, 09:37:03 AM
by Barista181
xx
Timer with different symbol - Android vs Web

Started by vader1111 on General Discussions

4 Replies
Last post June 19, 2020, 10:10:46 PM