Author Topic: Vampire Diaries  (Read 1097 times)

Offline melmac

• View Profile
Vampire Diaries
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:41:20 PM »
I got back fom easter break expecting to see Vampire diaries on my Windows media centre ready to watch, it was in my guide set to record before I left but did not record I can find no trace of it in the history :( Did a new episode show last week ? it seems to have as this week is the listed as "The Last Dance" which is one after the last new one screened.  Did it cancel on other peoples rigs ? Can someone at ice please look in to this and let me know what happened.  I have been finding that the Ice guide is unreliable for the channels Go and Gem as many times the eps are marked as repeats when they are not and I suspect that is what has happened this time :(

Offline melmac

• View Profile
Re: Vampire Diaries
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »
So I've now had confirmation from other sources that a new ep did show last week on Go,  it was showing in my interactive to record but it did not end up doing so everything else that was in the interactive did record, so could someone from IceTv please tell me what happened. I believe you must have changed it at the last minute either with a repeat flag or by bumping it altogether but it would be nice if you would confirm/deny so I can work out what went wrong.  >:(

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: Vampire Diaries
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 11:05:08 AM »
I have had a look through your account and it looks like the series recording was created on the 20th and then a couple of hours later the timer information was downloaded to your Media Center. After this time there were no schedule changes to The Vampire Diaries for the 21st.

A couple of things we can use to check, within Media Center select "Recorded TV" then "View scheduled" and then select "History" from the side menu to see a history of all previously recorded shows and have a look through the list to find that episode of The Vampire Diaries and select it to get detailed information about it.

As for things on the IceTV side we may be able to find out more information from the IceTV Interactive log file that is kept on your computer.

To find them:

• Open “Computer” from the start menu.
  • Select your hard drive from the list of drives available.
  • Open the “Program Data” folder. If you do not see this folder you will need to turn on the showing of hidden files, follow these steps to do this:
    • Click on the “Organise” button in the bar at the top of the window.
    • Select “Folder and Search Options” from the menu.
    • Click on the “View” tab.
    • Place a dot in the box marked “Show hidden files and folders”.
    • Click “OK”.
    • You should now be able to see the “Program Data” folder.
  • Open the “IceTV” folder.
  • Open the “Interactive” folder.
  • Open the “3.0” folder.
  • Zip up all the files in this folder and then email them to support@icetv.com.au so we can check them out.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Share via facebook Share via twitter