Author Topic: V "Welcome to the War" (Daylight saving issue?)  (Read 1343 times)

Offline futzle

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
V "Welcome to the War" (Daylight saving issue?)
« on: April 01, 2010, 08:01:33 PM »
I have V set as a series recording (First Runs Only, High Def Preferred, Record All, Any Network, Any Time).  Interactive device is EyeTV 3.

The upcoming episode of V this Sunday ("Welcome to the War") is a new episode, and AFAICT the first run.  Yet it isn't scheduled to record ("This show is part of a series recording  but is not scheduled to be recorded.").  Instead, the repeat on the following Wednesday on GO! is the one that is scheduled to record.

Also of interest is the episode of 60 Minutes that comes right before V, that I didn't ask to be recorded, but is scheduled all of its own accord.  Given that Sunday is the day that daylight saving finishes here in Melbourne, I wonder if it might be related.

I'm leaving it for the moment in case anyone at IceTV wants to do forensics on the situation.

Edit: I wonder if this topic http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2445.0 is the same thing.

Edit 2: Interestingly, looking at EyeTV on my Mac, it has schedules for both 60 Minutes *and* V for Sunday.  Other channels I've set to record Sunday night don't have this effect.

Edit 3: I have another interactive device, a Beyonwiz DP-P2, with the same series set to record.  It's doing the same thing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:13:40 PM by futzle »

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: V "Welcome to the War" (Daylight saving issue?)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 09:21:27 PM »
The beyonwiz can be explained.  It adds the GMT offset that it is *currently* at to the GMT based data ICE feeds out.   So the time will be wrong by an hour for all timers that are set after the transition at the moment.   We were nutting this out on the Wiz forums (someone wanted to go away and was asking how to deal with the date/time & timer changes) and realised that if you don't touch your clock, it will record at the right time.   But of course if you pull your clock one hour back as you should, then all the timers will start at the wrong time.   You have to do a resend-all after the DST transition period (and after you fix the Wiz clock) to get the timers back to the right time.   As for eyetv, I would have expected better from that package!!   A more software oriented package should be using TZdata and know the date/time transition and be adding the correct offset to the timers etc to have them set for the right time.   Oh well!

edit:  and if you hadn't already noticed, ICE marks the online iceguide with your locally set timers too.   So ICE sees your PVR has a timer set for 6.30 (instead of 7.30) and highlights the 60min ep instead of the V ep...
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
EyeTV on Catalina

Started by NBOSTI on EyeTV

0 Replies
Last post October 12, 2019, 10:29:09 PM
by NBOSTI
xx
Is IceTV a 7 day EPG, or 5 day EPG ?

Started by chopper on IceTV EPG Content

6 Replies
Last post October 11, 2019, 01:49:13 PM