Author Topic: The Straits Thursday 16th  (Read 1919 times)

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
The Straits Thursday 16th
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »
Last nights Straits, (in Melbourne) was flagged as a repeat.  Don't think it should have been.
Not sure if its something that changed during the week, but I'm fairly sure I would have picked it up as being incorrect.
Noticed that mine wasn't being recorded part way through, and checked the Ice website.  To see it was flagged as a repeat.

Did I miss something?  Was it really a repeat?
BeyonWiz, T3

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: The Straits Thursday 16th
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »
Last night's The Straits wasn't a repeat in Canberra. It was the aftermath of Harry being shot by the hit man.

It looks like it was flagged as a repeat in the ACT guide, too, because it's not showing in my My Week recordings list from last night (fortunately not refreshed, and loaded from my browser cache, not updated from IceTV). We coincidentally watched it live, otherwise we probably would have missed it, too.

Looks like you'll need to get onto iView.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 11:40:19 AM »
Hi

I can't tell at the moment why it appeared as a repeat because it wasn't repeat flagged when first scheduled. In the meantime what I've done is remove the repeat flag from tonight's replay on ABC2. That way anyone with a series recording who missed last night's episode will pick it up automatically tonight.

Thanks

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
Thanks, Madeleine. The Straits is showing up to record for me from ABC2 (ACT guide, set to record First runs only).

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
Thanks, Madeleine. The Straits is showing up to record for me from ABC2 (ACT guide, set to record First runs only).
+1, thanks.

Offline melmac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »
In regards to this show how do I set it up so it only records the showing on ABC2 and not the ABC1 telecast. Or another option how do I set it up so it only records the repeat version and not the first run. Is this possible?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 04:41:25 PM »
In regards to this show how do I set it up so it only records the showing on ABC2 and not the ABC1 telecast. Or another option how do I set it up so it only records the repeat version and not the first run. Is this possible?
I don't think that is possible. IIRC, in the original Web interface to IceTV Interactive (then IceTV Remote), it was possible to specify the Service on which you wanted to record a program, while on the current version, it's only possible to select the Network.

Improvements to IceTV to help manage situations like this have been discussed in other topics:
Setting to record a channel rather than a network
Is it time to add a Service category to the Timer options?
Recording from a specific CHANNEL, not network
Setting series for a specific day - is it possible?

A poll was set up by Luke at IceTV asking Should we provide "Repeats Only" as a Series Recording Option?. Currently running 52% Yes, 9% No, 39% Don't Care. Vote early. Vote often :)

Replies in the poll topic also suggest being able to specify the service rather than, or as well as, the network.

Alas, so far no changes to IceTV in response to these requests.

Offline melmac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »
Thanks I voted :) it would really be handy especially with the ABC as they often repeat stuff on ABC2 and hold a pretty steady schedule so on busy nights it can be handy to record the repeat. For now I'll just have to keep manually programming it, in this case it won't be too big a deal if I miss one as I can always iview it.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Timer not set for The Good Karma Hospital S03E01

Started by BazzaG on Beyonwiz

2 Replies
Last post October 06, 2019, 05:17:13 PM
by BazzaG
xx
The Guilty - synopsis problem

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post September 16, 2019, 12:35:02 PM