Author Topic: Taggart synopsis blooper  (Read 2733 times)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Taggart synopsis blooper
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:09:16 AM »
"He's a tetchy old bloke, but he sure is good at solving Glasgow's grizzly murders". Glasgow's weather may be grey, but are its murders? :)

I think you mean "grisly".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Taggart synopsis blooper
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »
Depends... are there any escaped American Bears running around Glasgow?  I think if one was knocking on my door, I would either get Torchwood in, or murder it myself :-)
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:30:18 AM »
Depends... are there any escaped American Bears running around Glasgow?  I think if one was knocking on my door, I would either get Torchwood in, or murder it myself :-)

I thought the space-time rift that let that sort of thing happen was in Cardiff, not Glasgow :)

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »
Bah, only the other side of the island, that funked out Range Rover should be able to get there in no time at all (when I stayed up at Loch Ness on holidays up there a few years ago, the B&B person asked "where are you off to today", I told him I had to get the car back to London, he almost fell over in shock... I don't think the Poms are used to driving 8hours between major cities like we are  :D).

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »
when I stayed up at Loch Ness on holidays up there a few years ago, the B&B person asked "where are you off to today", I told him I had to get the car back to London, he almost fell over in shock... I don't think the Poms are used to driving 8hours between major cities like we are
It was more likely he was shocked by the idea of you thinking you could get the trip done in 8 hours.  With the state of UK traffic these days, driving for 8 hours in the UK isn't unusual, it's the idea of travelling more than ten miles during that time that is unusual - 8 hours is almost an average work day commute!
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 02:18:44 PM »
I want to thankyou for bringing this up. Yet again highlighting why this is the best darn guide you can get. The reason? The compilation process is mainly manual. Now, the downside of that is your skolasstikk senses may be affronted by the occasional spelling error or even the rare incorrect usage of Her Majesty's English. The upside is, everything on this guide has been handled by us manually and a huge proportion of 'bloopers' that other Guides pump out from their completely computerised systems are not an issue with IceGuide. So once again thanks. Tomato, Tomayto.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Seeing double with Taggart on 7TWO

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post January 16, 2012, 05:53:37 PM
by prl
xx
Taggart repeats?

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post October 12, 2011, 12:10:50 PM