Author Topic: Simultaneous time download to two Beyonwiz PVR's  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Slick

• View Profile
Simultaneous time download to two Beyonwiz PVR's
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:30:56 AM »
I have recently purchased a Beyonwiz T4 to replace the Beyonwiz DP-P2 I have been using for many years. I mostly select the programs I wish to record using the IceTV app on my PC or IPAD rather than the PVR EPG. I can see that the T4 appears alongside my DP-P2 in the “My Devices” page on the IceTV app. I have selected the “All” in the Devices option on the “My Series” page of the Ice app expecting that on refresh all timers on “My Week” will be downloaded to both PVR’s. Unfortunately this does not appear to be the case. I now note that when using the PC or IPAD to record a program I only have a choice of either PVR and not both. Timers are successfully downloaded to the selected PVR.
My questions are:
1.   What is what is the purpose of the “Both” option on the IceTV “My Series” page if the timers are not downloaded to both PVR’s?
2.   Is there a way of downloading selected timers to both PVR’s in one hit? I wish to run both PVR’s in parallel until such time as I am confident I have no unforeseen issues with the new T4.
3.   Is there likely to be an update to enable 2. above to be achieved.
I have searched the IceTV forum on this subject but could not find anything I considered relevant?

Offline MD

• Administrator
  • TV TV Australia MD
    • View Profile
Re: Simultaneous time download to two Beyonwiz PVR's
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:11:47 AM »
Hi Slick,

1) Both can be chosen purely to see the whole list and the column on the right shows which PVR is set for whichever show.
2) I'm afraid you cannot download both timers in one hit.
3) An update for 2 has been requested but we haven't had the available resources to attend to it.  It is on our list but we have higher priorities that keep pushing it down.  Once you've "cross compiled" them the need will go away for a few years so it won't be an ongoing problem, but it is an irritation I'm aware of.

When I add a new PVR, as I often do (!) I use "My Week" to see what's coming up and just set a new recording on the new PVR leaving the old PVRs "My Series" in place as a reminder.

Offline Slick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:59:37 AM »
Many thanks MD.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 12:39:09 PM »
When I add a new PVR, as I often do (!) I use "My Week" to see what's coming up and just set a new recording on the new PVR leaving the old PVRs "My Series" in place as a reminder.

Replacing a PVR, though, can be quite a lot of work. I have 400+ entries in My Series. They all had to be modified by hand when we replaced two Beyonwiz DP series boxes with a T4.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 12:50:43 PM »
3) An update for 2 has been requested but we haven't had the available resources to attend to it.  It is on our list but we have higher priorities that keep pushing it down.  Once you've "cross compiled" them the need will go away for a few years so it won't be an ongoing problem, but it is an irritation I'm aware of.

The ability to bulk copy series recordings from one device to another was announced as "a couple of days" off, two years ago.

I know that shortly after that post the old IceTV company went into administration and that caused a lot of difficulties (to put it mildly) for both the owners and the staff, but it's been a long time coming for something that was once apparently so close to completion.

Offline MD

• Administrator
  • TV TV Australia MD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »
Hi prl,

Very true but an example of diversions is the current T series blank guide problem and a more important bugs to fix.  And from PUs comments it looks like IceTV has to find a fix even though no other Api v2 PVRs have the problem. It will get done when we find a suitable slot...

BTW - 400 series!! How many will ever come back? That's why I'd prefer a tick box beside every one and a delete all (of the ticked ones!) as an update before the easy series recording list change over to new PVRs. WDYT?  Maybe that could then link to a transfer of ticked box option too...

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV SKIPPA wiki
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »
It can be a little painful having to recreate all the series timers. If the "old" pvr is still working you can add them gradually each time you see an episode for a series that is not included. I had this 'problem' when I got my first T2; then when I got the second I had to split the recordings between them (I use one to record 7, 9 and 10 networks and the other for SBS and ABC). Similar problem when I got my Toppy 2400 to supplement/replace my TF-7100HDPVRt whcih I hope is still going well at its new home.

Ian
IceTV: 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRt + SKIPPA + T2 + U4
No IceTV: a few Toppys
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and Topfield Aus Forum for Toppy help

Offline MD

• Administrator
  • TV TV Australia MD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
That is exactly what I meant by using "My Week" on an app as it's easy to see the old PVR's recordings and set the same on the new one.  I just do it every few days.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 06:46:10 PM »
BTW - 400 series!!

I've been an IceTV customer for quite a while (since 2007) & I don't normally delete shows in the My Series list.

How many will ever come back?

It's hard to know in general which ones won't.

That's why I'd prefer a tick box beside every one and a delete all (of the ticked ones!) as an update before the easy series recording list change over to new PVRs. WDYT?  Maybe that could then link to a transfer of ticked box option too...

When I moved my My Series entries over to the T series, I dropped very few recordings from the list. Being able to select entries to copy would be handy, though, if you wanted to split one recorder's My Series entries over two recorders (e.g. if you bought a second PVR to record stuff just for the kids/teenagers), so I think it may still be useful to have.

Share via facebook Share via twitter