Author Topic: Shaun Micallef is Mad As Hell  (Read 300 times)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Shaun Micallef is Mad As Hell
« on: July 18, 2019, 02:07:47 PM »
'Idiots': Shaun Micallef is Mad As Hell after ABC airs wrong episode

The correct episode will be screened at 21:00 tonight 18 Jul, and programs normally scheduled for 21:00 and later will be delayed.

It's already in the ABC schedule, so I guess it will be in this afternoon's IceTV updates (the changes aren't in IceTV Canbeera yet).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline grumpy_geoff

• View Profile
Re: Shaun Micallef is Mad As Hell
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 04:25:44 PM »
In WA, it's only on SD apparently:
Shaun Micallef's MAD AS HELL
Series 10 | Episode 4
M CC ENTERTAINMENT 29 mins
After being hit on the head with a bottle of car polish, Fred contracts amnesia and becomes an Englishman named 'Frederick'. Meanwhile, Wilma develops feeling for Furio.
Next on:
Thursday 18 July 2019, 9:01pm abc1abc1
Friday 19 July 2019, 11:01pm (Repeat)abchdwaabchdwa
Friday 19 July 2019, 11:01pm (Repeat)abc1abc1
Friday 19 July 2019, 8:32pm (Repeat)abc2
https://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/shaun-micallefs-mad-as-hell/

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 04:29:55 PM »
Still not seeing the changes in the ABC schedule tonight reflected in the IceTV guide.

The situation's a bit more complicated than I thought. As Grumpy_Geoff says, ABC (SD) is showing Mad As Hell at 21:00, and then No Offence delayed, and Humans has been dropped. ABC HD is showing No Offence and Humans in their normal time slots.

ABC and ABC HD are out of kilter until 03:40 tomorrow 19 Jul when they simulcast Wentworth.

Offline GaiO IceTV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 04:35:45 PM »
Hi PRL,
ABC changes have been made to the IceTV schedule and should be seen within 15 minutes.  Changes are from 9.00pm tonight.

Cheers Gai

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 05:19:18 PM »
Hi, Gai.

I can see the changes now, but they don't correspond with what's in the ABC online EPG for the ACT. In particular, as both Grumpy_Geoff and I have posted "Mad As Hell" will not be broadcast on ABC HD tonight, only on ABC SD, and from 21:00 tonight to 03:40 tomorrow morning the ABC online EPG for the ACT shows ABC and ABC HD having different schedules, not simulcasts.

I have series recordings for all three of Mad As Hell, No Offence and Humans, but with the current IceTV schedule, the timer set on ABC HD for Mad As will record the first half of No Offence, the timer set for No Offence will record the last half of No Offence and ABC Late News, and the timer that should have been set for Humans has disappeared from My Week.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 05:38:14 PM »
Hi, Gai.

I can see the changes now, but they don't correspond with what's in the ABC online EPG for the ACT. In particular, as both Grumpy_Geoff and I have posted "Mad As Hell" will not be broadcast on ABC HD tonight, only on ABC SD, and from 21:00 tonight to 03:40 tomorrow morning the ABC online EPG for the ACT shows ABC and ABC HD having different schedules, not simulcasts.

I have series recordings for all three of Mad As Hell, No Offence and Humans, but with the current IceTV schedule, the timer set on ABC HD for Mad As will record the first half of No Offence, the timer set for No Offence will record the last half of No Offence and ABC Late News, and the timer that should have been set for Humans has disappeared from My Week.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just an issue with the ABC's online guide not updating as yet.

Having a look at EIT in Wollongong and Mad As Hell is showing on ABC HD at 9:01pm which is mirroring what is listed for ABC SD as well. with No Offence being after it at 9:33pm.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 05:47:05 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if this is just an issue with the ABC's online guide not updating as yet.

Having a look at EIT in Wollongong and Mad As Hell is showing on ABC HD at 9:01pm which is mirroring what is listed for ABC SD as well. with No Offence being after it at 9:33pm.

Hi Daniel, thanks for that. I just checked the ACT ABC EIT guide and it's showing what the IceTV guide shows: Mad As in the nominal 21:00-21:30 timeslot and No Offence in the 21:30-22:20 timeslot.  :-[

The ABC online guide is still showing different programming for ABC and ABC HD from 21:00.  ::)

I wonder who's been on knobs and dials at Auntie for the last two days?

Offline GaiO IceTV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 05:49:59 PM »
Hi PRL,
As Dan has mentioned the ABC online guide has not updated the HD channel.  I did check directly with the ABC and they confirmed that both HD and SD are simulcast but their online guide has not updated.  Humans S3 E3 is being shown next Thursday 25th now. 
Cheers Gai

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 05:53:17 PM »
Thanks Gai.

What a mess (and I don't mean on IceTV's part)  ::)

Offline grumpy_geoff

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 06:38:30 PM »
As Dan has mentioned the ABC online guide has not updated the HD channel.

They have now.
Next on:
Thursday 18 July 2019, 9:01pm abchdwaabchdwa
Thursday 18 July 2019, 9:01pm abc1

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 08:57:18 PM »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 07:39:59 AM »
Mad As and No Offence both recorded correctly from ABC HD last night. Thanks, Gai and Daniel.

Offline NBOSTI

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 10:48:59 PM »
I read this post and replies yesterday (out of boredom) and while at work last night I saw that Micallef himself had blasted the ABC for playing the wrong episode. A screw up on their side, their fault.
Put it to bed, let it rest. Better things must be worth complaining/posting about.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2019, 05:09:13 PM »
I read this post and replies yesterday (out of boredom) and while at work last night I saw that Micallef himself had blasted the ABC for playing the wrong episode.

Yes. There's a link to Shaun Micallef's complaint in the first post in the topic.

A screw up on their side, their fault.
Put it to bed, let it rest. Better things must be worth complaining/posting about.

The topic isn't primarily about the ABC broadcasting the wrong episode of Mad As. The topic is about the programming changes that the ABC made the following night when they changed their schedule to broadcast the correct episode of Mad As, and the ensuing confusion because the ABC online EPG and the ABC broadcast EPG said different things about the programming changes.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Shaun the Sheep Series 3. Urgent Please.

Started by mikeathome on IceTV EPG Content

7 Replies
Last post January 05, 2013, 11:58:53 AM
by mikeathome