Author Topic: SevenHD - Movies  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Matt-

• View Profile
SevenHD - Movies
« on: September 24, 2009, 07:34:21 PM »
Greetings team Ice.

I noticed on the Seven website that SevenHD is showing some movies instead of their normal upscaled SD content. 

In particular, they are showing 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' at 7:30 and 'Con Air' at 9:30PM this evening, 24 September.

Is this something on my end or is the Ice Guide not getting updated information for the HD programming?

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: SevenHD - Movies
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »
Hi and thanks. Just in time to get Con-Air in but unfortunately not the movie before. This was checked today and these movies were not scheduled by 7. Very late indeed. They've also today added movies for Friday & Saturday Night which are now in all Ice Guides. They seem to revert back to straight SD 'simulcast' again Sunday Night. Given the HD movies are different duration to the SD movies, they seem content to just cut back to the SD feed part way through a movie. Strange. Thanks again for the heads up.

Offline glennww

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:08:06 PM »
I notice ICE TV Interactive lists some of the movies (i.e. Con air) but what is sent to my beyonwiz is totally different. I have noticed this a quite a bit over the last month and now check interactive regularly and can't rely on the guide sent to beyonwiz being correct. I also don't get ABC HD info anymore despite reporting this over a year ago! The poor quality of service and support is getting to the point where I won't be renewing my subscription.

Offline zoszos68

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
Hi and thanks. Just in time to get Con-Air in but unfortunately not the movie before. This was checked today and these movies were not scheduled by 7. Very late indeed. They've also today added movies for Friday & Saturday Night which are now in all Ice Guides. They seem to revert back to straight SD 'simulcast' again Sunday Night. Given the HD movies are different duration to the SD movies, they seem content to just cut back to the SD feed part way through a movie. Strange. Thanks again for the heads up.

Hmm just updated my guide still Amazing Race I'm in Melbourne.
Yes Seven what are you doing had to change quickly to 7SD.
Seven has lost the plot.
Kevin

Offline mcpaton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 10:36:15 PM »
Just went to watch All Saints from Tuesday night on 7HD, found a movie instead. Will ICE be updated to prevent this in the future?
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 01:36:33 AM »
No Guide available I know of was updated with that one. What can I say? They changed these programs with hours to spare. Of course we do our very best to bring you latest changes, but as I'm sure you appreciate, we're not psychic. I personally find it bizarre they would replace a true HD program like All Saints with an old movie. Please feel free to contact Channel 7.

Offline Neon Kitten

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 04:03:31 AM »
I personally find it bizarre they would replace a true HD program like All Saints with an old movie.

Well, the "old movie" was a pristine new HD transfer that looked ten times better than the murky cardboard crud that is All Saints, but anyway... ;)

Offline Neon Kitten

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 04:04:44 AM »
I notice ICE TV Interactive lists some of the movies (i.e. Con air) but what is sent to my beyonwiz is totally different. I have noticed this a quite a bit over the last month and now check interactive regularly and can't rely on the guide sent to beyonwiz being correct.

This sounds similar to last weekend's problem where the revised start times for Idol and Rove were added to Interactive on the Friday, yet by the Sunday my Beyonwiz was still firing timers at the old times.

Something's buggy here, folks.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »
The channels are frantically trying to get new content up and running for the last 10 weeks of the ratings season. Viewers seem to be getting trampled in the rush.

I think what Mitch is saying is correct; some of the programming changes are being made with very little notice.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Share via facebook Share via twitter