Author Topic: SBS World Rally Championship (WRC)  (Read 1527 times)

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
SBS World Rally Championship (WRC)
« on: June 01, 2009, 10:22:06 AM »
Hi ICE.
I have been meaning to post about this for some time, it appears you have WRC on every Sunday when in reality, there are only about 11 or 12 events for the whole year.   This weekend that passed actually *did* have WRC on.    At the end of the rally, they said the next one is in Cataluna (I think..) in mid June sometime, and this was the WRC production team overlay, so SBS is typically about a week or so behind the event.
So is it possible to fine tune your Sunday afternoon lineup a bit to show reality (which seems to toggle between 1 and 2hours of Speedweek, WRC for almost an hour, and occassionally something else for an hour related to motor sport)?
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Tracey IceGuide

• View Profile
Re: SBS World Rally Championship (WRC)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »

Hi,

This will be updated.  SBS are sometimes late to update their guides. 

Thanks for the info
Cheers
Tracey

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: SBS World Rally Championship (WRC)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 11:10:55 PM »
Thanks Tracey.  The reason I noticed is that I set up a series recording on the Wiz for the WRC, and noticed every week I have a recording on the HDD even though I know that the WRC is not weekly (but I don't know which weeks it actually is on live or when SBS will show it).    I didn't notice this problem in the earlier past for a couple of reasons I think.
1.  You used to simply show "Speedweek" for a 2hour window
2.  My Topfield 5K using PerlTGD is setup to record nearly anything motorsport related, and will simply append adjacent timers together (thus speedweek+WRC is still a 2hour show and I tend to not see the whole filename for long filenames on the Toppy).
3.  I think you recently made a change to start splitting out shows somewhat, and so I was finally able to make a "WRC" series timer on the Wiz to hone in on motorsport I am more interested in than labouring thru 2hours of SBS speedweek each week that I have done in the past on the Toppy5K.

It is nice to know you guys are a short forum message away most times, and each message about a show by people here (that you act on) is making your guide infinitely better than any alternative out there!

Regards

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
SBS Network shows for Sunday & later

Started by BazzaG on IceTV EPG Content

5 Replies
Last post June 12, 2019, 03:42:27 PM
by BazzaG
xx
New SBS channel

Started by Melb137 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies