Author Topic: Repeats Tag not showing  (Read 1422 times)

Offline TORB

• View Profile
Repeats Tag not showing
« on: May 25, 2016, 08:38:15 AM »
I am hooked up to the Wollongong Regional EPG. Recently there has been an increase in the number of programs that are clearly repeats that are not tagged as repeats.

Its now got the the point that on some days, like today for example, there is not one program tagged as a Repeat on the 8 major channels I have listed in my favorites folder.

Can you please advise what goes on and when it will be fixed.

Cheers
Ric

Offline Tiphanee

• IceTV Staff
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Repeats Tag not showing
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:53:43 AM »
Hi Ric,

Thanks for your note.  I'll have a look at it this morning and see what's going on.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Offline Tiphanee

• IceTV Staff
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 10:36:41 AM »
Hi Ric -

I've gone through the Wollongong guide and checked guides and have corrected a 'r' flag on Moments of Impact on ONE.  Other than that, the ICE schedule was consistent with other guides for the region.  If you don't mind, can you please send me the list of other programs that you believe are incorrectly flagged as first-run?

Many thanks in advance,

Tiphanee

Offline TORB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 12:04:58 PM »
Other than that, the ICE schedule was consistent with other guides for the region.  If you don't mind, can you please send me the list of other programs that you believe are incorrectly flagged as first-run?

Hi Tiphanee,

After you response, I had a quick, rough look at the IceTV Guide for the eight stations I watch. I could see about 18 programs from 3PM today onward that I was pretty sure were repeats.

I did a Google search and the TV guide I selected at random was http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/entertainment/tv-guide/. (That's a local Wollongong newspaper.)

I then checked the first four programs that I thought were repeats and checked the newspaper's guide to compare the first five programs that I suspected were repeats. They are
David Attenborough's The Hunt
Gordon Ramsey's Hells Kitchen
4 Corners
Air Crash Investigators
Mash

Guess what? They are all listed as repeats in the newspaper guide but none of them are listed as repeats on IceTV.

Offline Tiphanee

• IceTV Staff
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 12:30:04 PM »
Hi there and thanks again for your post.

I've checked our schedule again in Wollongong as well as all regions and can confirm that the following shows are marked a 'Repeat' on the ICE database:

Four Corners
Air Crash Investigations
M*A*S*H

With regards to The Hunt and Hell's Kitchen, they are first-run Free to Air screenings.

I've spoken with someone from our technical support team, and they will be in touch shortly as this is pointing to perhaps a technical issue.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 12:35:17 PM »
Hi TORB. Where are looking at the IceTV guide?

On the IceTV website for Wollongong:
'David Attenborough's The Hunt' is a new episode (the same as the TV's station's own guide and the yourtv guide).
'Gordon Ramsey's Hells Kitchen' is a new episode (the same as the TV's station's own guide and the yourtv guide).
'4 Corners' is a new episode on Monday, and repeats on Wed, Sat and Tue.
'Air Crash Investigators' are all repeats this week.
M*A*S*H are always repeats

If you are looking at the guide on your Humax PVR then you should be aware that there is a quirk or bug in that the Humax 7500t and 7510t PVRs only show the repeat icon on certain channels or certain shows.

I always enable the IceTV custom repeat flag for my Humax PVRs. I set it to show (Rpt) at the start of the subtitle.
See: http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/22571368-How-can-my-Recorder-display-if-a-show-is-a-Repeat-or-not

If you set a custom repeat flag to be added to the titles the Humax will save repeat episodes into a different folder than the new episodes. e.g. If recording Home And Away as a series the Humax would create and use the following 2 folders:

Home And Away
Home And Away (Rpt)

If you want new and repeat episodes saved together in the same folder set the custom repeat flag to add your text at the start of the subtitle.

UPDATE:  I see you actually have a Beyonwiz T4. Not sure why I thought you had a Humax. The original Beyonwiz T series software did not show repeat flags so make sure yours has the latest software.

PPS Your T4 has very old software from 25th Sept 2015. The latest update was just a couple a weeks ago.

To update the software see the how to steps here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/55708404-How-do-I-update-the-Firmware-on-my-Beyonwiz-T-series

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:46:42 PM by Dave at IceTV »
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 02:11:18 PM »
UPDATE:  I see you actually have a Beyonwiz T4. Not sure why I thought you had a Humax. The original Beyonwiz T series software did not show repeat flags so make sure yours has the latest software.

No Beyonwiz T series firmware has the inbuilt ability to flag repeats in the PVR EPG, event info or infobar (or anywhere else), even though that information is in the IceTV EPG data. Its EPG store has nowhere to save it. If it were easy to add, I probably would have added it already.

If you want repeat flagging in the PVR EPG on any Beyonwiz T series, you have to set it on the IceTV server side, in My Account>My Recorders>Devicename Settings>Custom repeat flag. I use "Add [R] to the End of the Title". The "Custom repeat flag" is disabled by default when a new device entry is created.

Mind you, the most recent firmware release, 20160419, has lots of bug fixes, so you might want to upgrade anyway. But it won't add PVR-side repeat flagging.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline TORB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 03:01:53 PM »
Hi TORB. Where are looking at the IceTV guide?

On the IceTV website for Wollongong:
'David Attenborough's The Hunt' is a new episode (the same as the TV's station's own guide and the yourtv guide).
'Gordon Ramsey's Hells Kitchen' is a new episode (the same as the TV's station's own guide and the yourtv guide).
'4 Corners' is a new episode on Monday, and repeats on Wed, Sat and Tue.
'Air Crash Investigators' are all repeats this week.
M*A*S*H are always repeats

UPDATE: 
PPS Your T4 has very old software from 25th Sept 2015. The latest update was just a couple a weeks ago.

Let me go through some of these points again. In Tiphanee's post above, he states, "The ICE schedule was consistent with other guides for the region."

As I stated in one of my previous posts this does not make sense. According that same post above, the (online)  Wollongong TV Guide that is put out by the local paper shows.....
The Hunt is a repeat, not first run as shown on my IceTV guide.
Hells Kitchen is a repeat, not a first run as shown on my IceTV.
4 Corners (tonight) is shown as a first run in my IceTV guide for tonight.
Air Crash Investigators show up as First Run in my IceTV guide.

As far as my software being out of date is concerned, that is incorrect. The software was updated on 19/4/16 and when I got the T4 to check for updates, it came as as no updates available.

From prl (Peter at Beyonwiz)
If you want repeat flagging in the PVR EPG on any Beyonwiz T series, you have to set it on the IceTV server side, in My Account>My Recorders>Devicename Settings>Custom repeat flag. I use "Add [R] to the End of the Title". The "Custom repeat flag" is disabled by default when a new device entry is created.

The entry on my system is enabled and reads
My Account>My Recorders>Devicename Settings>Custom repeat flag. I use "Add [Repeat] to the End of the Title"

So, to summarise:-

1. I have the latest version of firmware.
2. The info I am seeing on my IceTV guide is completely at odds with "other sources."
3. My system is set up as per Peter's (Beyonwiz) instructions.

Can you please advise what the heck is going on.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 03:59:55 PM »
As I stated in one of my previous posts this does not make sense. According that same post above, the (online)  Wollongong TV Guide that is put out by the local paper shows.....

Local papers are printed a week ahead of time and their TV guide cannot be trusted to be accurate. Even the TV station's own on air guide changes constantly so I would not trust a snapshot of it from a week ago.

Check out the YourTV guide online or the TV station's own website's TV guide.

YourTV and the TV's station's own guide have The Hunt listed as new.
YourTV and the TV's station's own guide have Hell's Kitchen listed as new.

If there is doubt or other guides don't agree with each other IceTV will always err on the side of listing an episode as new because it is much better to record a repeat marked as new than miss a new recording because it was marked as a repeat.

What you are seeing on your Beyonwiz for 4 Corners does not match what it is the IceTV guide (in your account).
https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/

'Air Crash Investigators' was listed as a new ep earlier on but changed to a repeat. Again, what you are seeing on your Beyonwiz for 4 Corners does not match what it is the IceTV guide (in your account).

From prl (Peter at Beyonwiz)

That was from before the Beyonwiz T series was able to use the repeat status from the IceTV guide data. With current software the Beyonwiz T series models use the repeat status from the guide data so there's no need to setup your own custom repeat flag - but you still can if you want to.

The entry on my system is enabled and reads
My Account>My Recorders>Devicename Settings>Custom repeat flag. I use "Add [Repeat] to the End of the Title"

So your T4 should be showing [Repeat] at the end of the Title of any episode that is marked as a repeat in the IceTV guide:
https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/

Can you please advise what the heck is going on.

What you seem to be seeing on your Beyonwiz is not what you should be seeing. Or at least it is not current.

Reboot the Beyonwiz
1. Go to 'Menu > Power'.
2. Select Reboot and press OK.

Then clear the guide and force a full guide update:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/22198527-How-do-I-clear-the-guide-and-force-an-update-on-the-Beyonwiz-T-series

It wouldn't hurt to also rerun the IceTV setup wizard in case any of the channels in your account have been changed recently:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/55717374#existing

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 05:31:38 PM »
... With current software the Beyonwiz T series models use the repeat status from the guide data so there's no need to setup your own custom repeat flag ...
Not as far as I know. When the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin takes an IceTV EPG entry to create a PVR EPG entry, the repeat status data is not passed in the call that creates the entry. The data isn't available to control any local flagging on the PVR. It's a part of the firmware I'm reasonably familiar with, because I've looked at how IceTV Rating, Category and Repeat flagging might be added to the local EPG data store. Rating and Category can probably be added reasonably easily (Category is pretty much there already), because there's at least an obvious place to put them in the store (which is saved as images of the DVB ETI format). There isn't an obvious place in that format to even store the Repeat data.

Offline TORB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 05:52:13 PM »
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the help. I followed your instructions and it has resolved the Repeat tag issues.  :D

Cheers
Ric

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
The Project - repeats

Started by Peter_H on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post June 19, 2019, 08:04:27 PM
by Peter_H
xx
Repeats marked as premiere's

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post February 25, 2019, 09:12:10 PM
by Tiphanee
question
"Pointless" for the week 14-18 Jan 2019: mixture of first runs and repeats?

Started by digmans on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post January 12, 2019, 02:34:46 PM
by Tiphanee
xx
Cheese Slices: "encores" not marked as repeats

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post January 11, 2019, 10:26:59 PM
by prl