Author Topic: Red Dwarf: 2009 Eps 2 & 3 did not record in Vista Media Center  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Mark

• View Profile
Red Dwarf: 2009 Eps 2 & 3 did not record in Vista Media Center
« on: December 15, 2009, 09:00:42 AM »
Just noticed this last night (after ep 3 went to air).  Looks like episode 1 recorded two weeks ago, and then MCE decided that it did not need to record eps 2 & 3 because a previous showing had already been recorded.  Series recording was set up in MCE, not via Interactive.

This seems to be a problem with the guide data -- perhaps a failure to provide distinct episode titles, or whatever it is that MCE uses to distinguish between repeat screenings and new episodes?  Too late now for this series, but when I'm paying for an EPG it does not seem unreasonable to expect that these kinds of things will be done right.

It could be worse -- at least it's on iView.

Offline AndrewH

• View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf: 2009 Eps 2 & 3 did not record in Vista Media Center
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:07:42 AM »
I've had a similar problem recently with some series (although I'm on Win7) - Red Dwarf, John Adams and History of Scotland are three that come to mind.  Media Centre doesn't seem to be recognising these as series, only as one-offs; as a result it's only recording the first episode - I have to go and manually record the subsequent episodes.  Not sure if this is something to do with the guide data itself - it's only a few odd series that this is happening with.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Trapped incorred episode number 17-06-19

Started by IanL-S on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post June 18, 2019, 04:11:37 PM
by IanL-S
xx
Support Ticket Not Answered

Started by Frankyg30 on General Discussions

0 Replies
Last post November 15, 2017, 02:45:33 PM