Author Topic: Not getting any EPG content  (Read 2352 times)

Offline dhodgman

• View Profile
Not getting any EPG content
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:11:26 PM »
Hi all,

my IceTV EPG content has been getting progressively worse over the last few weeks and now I'm not seeing any content at all.  Can anyone explain this?  I have checked that my internet connection is good (obviously); the PVR is connecting to the wireless and the IceTV option is enabled.

Region: Melbourne
PVR: Topfield TRF-2400

Cheers,

Dave.

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Not getting any EPG content
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:55:41 PM »
Hi all,

my IceTV EPG content has been getting progressively worse over the last few weeks and now I'm not seeing any content at all.  Can anyone explain this?  I have checked that my internet connection is good (obviously); the PVR is connecting to the wireless and the IceTV option is enabled.

Region: Melbourne
PVR: Topfield TRF-2400

Cheers,

Dave.
Are you on the latest May 12 FW Dave? Did the issue start even before then? Just trying to get a handle on this in trying to sort out if this is a Toppy of ICETV problem.

I had an issue with ICETV continuously reporting errors on all of my timers. After much tearing out of hair and FW downgrades, it turned out to be a fault in my ICETV account. Give Daniel of ICETV a ring tomorrow to discuss this further with him.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Offline dhodgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 11:02:25 PM »
Didn't realise there was a May 12 FW.  Maybe I should upgrade to that, or was that partially the cause of your problems?

Offline dhodgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 09:27:55 PM »
I've upgraded to firmware to the May 12 version, did a channel rescan and restarted the machine.  Unfortunately, I'm still only getting intermittent IceTV content.  Currently getting content for 6 out of 23 tuned channels and for those 6, it is somewhat patchy.

Any other suggestions much appreciated.

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »
I've upgraded to firmware to the May 12 version, did a channel rescan and restarted the machine.  Unfortunately, I'm still only getting intermittent IceTV content.  Currently getting content for 6 out of 23 tuned channels and for those 6, it is somewhat patchy.

Any other suggestions much appreciated.
Give the trial ICETV account a go. If nothing else, it should establish which part of your setup is NOT at fault.

Offline dhodgman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 10:34:35 PM »
Ok, after loading the latest FW, doing a factory reset, rescanning channels and resetting up my wireless connection, everything appears ok.  Well nearly.  I'm getting IceTV EPG content for all channels except 7 digital 1 (71), SBS 3 & SBS 4.  Not sure if they were ever working but much happier now.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 12:33:29 AM »
Why do you want EPG for those channels?   ICE loads EPG to the main unique broadcasted channels, so 2,20,22,23,3,30,32,7,70,72,9,90,99,1,10,12 (capital city LCNs).  All the other channels are duplicates and can be safely removed from your channels by using the favourites function (I wouldn't remove them completely from the PVR as perhaps one day they might get re-assigned to show something unique on them and thus you would need to rescan if you purged them).  Then your EPG will just show your favourites, and channel surfing will be in the order of the favourites also.   I think there may be a mapping option in ICE or your Topfield to choose the primary LCN you want the EPG on if you prefer to watch Seven on 71 rather than 7 for example (Or ONEHD on 11 rather than 1 also).

Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »
... I think there may be a mapping option in ICE or your Topfield to choose the primary LCN you want the EPG on if you prefer to watch Seven on 71 rather than 7 for example (Or ONEHD on 11 rather than 1 also). ...
I only looked at 7 Digital for the the state capitals in the IceTV configuration Web page (My Account>TV Guide), but none of them had 71 in the list the service selection list in IceTV for for 7 Digital. I've had the same problem with 2/21 for ABC1. There may be a re-mapping option on the Topfield, but it would need to be done there if it's possible at all. I don't think it can be done on the IceTV web configuration.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Share via facebook Share via twitter