Author Topic: No longer 7 days for 7,9 or 10  (Read 2110 times)

Offline glennww

• View Profile
No longer 7 days for 7,9 or 10
« on: July 14, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »
Looking at web site, widget and my PVR all only have 5 days for channels 7, 9 and 10.

I general I have found the gaps and inaccuracies have been getting more frequent over the last few weeks. Most notably since the last widget update. Anyone else finding the same?

Region: Brisbane, QLD
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-S1

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: No longer 7 days for 7,9 or 10
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »
I think that was just co-incidence.  It has actually been less accurate due to the Nein vs IceTV court case.
ICE were forced to comply with Neins conditions, which mean that Neins "list of facts of programme names vs start times is copyright, and therefore NO work can be derived from it".    Thus ICE are using the old "whatever was on last week is likely to be on this week" and then do last minute adjusments when people report in to them what changes there are (i.e. they cannot use the published guides any more to "repair" the missing name/time entries).     They of course are wacking lots of "N/A Nein" for Neins EPG and not too many people are complaining (see Nein, no-one watches your trashy shows!!), but I think for the other commercials they are still treading more carefully too.   I guess their new technique takes a heck of a lot more work, and it is difficult to make it accurate 7 days in advance until people start reporting back what shows are on when.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
Re: No longer 7 days for 7,9 or 10
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 01:06:27 PM »
...and then do last minute adjusments when people report in to them what changes there are

IceTV is not permitted to use any information supplied by users for the purpose of amending IceTV’s EPG data unless we can confirm without doubt, that the information was obtained from watching a television broadcast (ie the actual program or an advertisement for the program) or from a radio or print advertisement for the particular program.  IceTV does not and will not use any information obtained from a third party television program guide as th way in which IceTV is permitted to compile scheduling information and program listings for Channel Nine is subject to orders made by the Federal Court of Australia on Tuesday the 24th of June, 2008.

More information on this can be read under relevant posts in our News and Blog section.

Although we have received messages from users with regards to possible inaccuracies in our EPG coverage we have not used this information at any time for reasons mentioned above. We of course greatly appreciate the continued support and everyone's best efforts to help, but we are confident in our ability to continue to provide one of the most accurate EPG services available.

We continue to write to the individual commercial TV networks seeking permission to licence their scheduling information and have lodged an application for special leave to appeal to the High Court of Australia from the decision of the Full Court regarding the ongoing case with Channel Nine.

Once again, IceTV greatly appreciates your continued support and we will keep everyone updated with any progress made.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 03:33:35 PM by mattk »
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
RBT is a single 1-hour episodes, not two half-hour episodes

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies
Last post July 18, 2019, 05:52:33 PM
by prl
xx