Author Topic: New show advertised by abc  (Read 1240 times)

Offline mikejg

• View Profile
New show advertised by abc
« on: December 04, 2015, 05:16:44 PM »
Hi All,

Just noted by my eagle eyed 4 yr old a new series of  Octonauts is advertised as staring on Sunday, 6 Dec
Series 4 | Episode 1 | Octonauts And The Poison Dart Frogs 4:59 PM - 5:10 PM [11 mins]

I just copied the above detail from the online  abc ivew guide.

I'm in Adelaide and have 2 recorders Beyonwiz DP Lite and Topfield 2400

I noticed that in the IceTV online guide and on the Recorders that the show is not listed.

Regards

Michael

Offline mikejg

• View Profile
Re: New show advertised by abc
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:09:22 AM »
So No One can tell me why there is a problrm with icetv and abc?

Michael

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 11:01:06 AM »
So No One can tell me why there is a problrm with icetv and abc?

Michael
Seems like another failure of their "quality assured" epg that is "Australia's most reliable TV guide".

After this and Dave's "not our fault, blame the broadcasters" response for getting Channel 7's guide wrong last night I think after giving them a couple months to get it right it's time to move to FTA and stop missing shows. The $8 is a saving, but getting the epg right is more useful. The fact is that it is cheaper to use the more accurate and reliable free guide. Fortunately I have a BW T3 so autotimers will be the way to go. I'll just have to put up with repeats being recorded.

Shame after 7 years, but pointless paying for something that is not as good as the free service.

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »
Shame after 7 years, but pointless paying for something that is not as good as the free service.

Your choice of course and judging by the tone of some of your recent posts I'm not sure why you have persisted with your paid subscription given your dissatisfaction - but as well as Repeats you will lose the ability to setup recordings remotely - and I'm sure there will be other functionality you wont have with the FTA guide
I don't mind a few errors in the guide while they sort themselves out - it's been a tumultuous couple of months - but given one of my devices is a Skippa I don't really have a choice...
Beyonwiz T2 1gb + E8400 Win Svr 2013, 4GB RAM, 8TB storage, Tiny Twin USB Tuner, Hauppauge WinTV NOVA TD-500 Tuner + IceTV Skippa

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 02:32:56 PM »
High mikejp the new Octonauts shows are on ABC2 not ABC.

jmac

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 02:35:44 PM »

Your choice of course and judging by the tone of some of your recent posts I'm not sure why you have persisted with your paid subscription given your dissatisfaction
Because as you say, it's been a tumultuous couple of months and they need some time to sort it out after 7 years of almost perfect service. Buts it's been two months and not got much better and examples of this where gaps are raised and there is no response or it comes after the fact.
but as well as Repeats you will lose the ability to setup recordings remotely - and I'm sure there will be other functionality you wont have with the FTA guide
No, I can do everything else apart from repeats that icetv provides. Not as conveniently, but more reliably and obviously cheaper.

I don't mind a few errors in the guide while they sort themselves out - it's been a tumultuous couple of months - but given one of my devices is a Skippa I don't really have a choice...
Yes, my $8 was charged this week so it reminded me that it's still ongoing. I feel for the skippa users as they've had a rough deal. Fortunately with a T3 I have a 90% viable alternative.

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 02:38:09 PM »
High mikejp the new Octonauts shows are on ABC2 not ABC.

jmac

Where did mikejp specify which channel it was on? Isn't abc2 one of the abc channel?

Offline mikejg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 04:56:47 PM »
Looks like the icetv guide caught up about 2 hours ago as I received a notification for failed timer ( because i had manually set it on the beyonwiz )

Thanks for whoever at icetv updated the guide.

Michael

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Suggestion: Email newsletter of pilot episodes

Started by Peter_H on General Discussions

2 Replies
Last post June 20, 2019, 10:59:30 PM
by Peter_H
xx
New SBS channel

Started by Melb137 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies