Author Topic: My Kitchen Rules: Subtitle please!  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Matt-

• View Profile
My Kitchen Rules: Subtitle please!
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:46:04 AM »
Hi There,

The current guide data does not offer a subtitle for episodes of 'My Kitchen Rules'.  The result is that my Myth server cannot tell if it has previously recorded this particular episode and is wanting to record this show on both 7HD and 7 Digital concurrently.

Are the team at Ice able to include subtitle information for this show please?

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: My Kitchen Rules: Subtitle please!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:37:36 AM »
Hi. It's my understanding that PVR's 'look' at whether a show is a repeat or not and also adhere to series record instructions from you. I can't see how a  'cc' flag present or not can affect recording. The answer is, sometimes this particular program is subtitled and sometimes it's not. Subtitling regulations only stipulate prime time programs must cater for the deaf. When this program is moved late night and afternoons, according to sources, it's not subtitled. I'm interested to hear the experiences of others with this though.

Offline Matt-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 10:42:08 AM »
Subtitling regulations only stipulate prime time programs must cater for the deaf. When this program is moved late night and afternoons, according to sources, it's not subtitled. I'm interested to hear the experiences of others with this though.

Hi Mitch;

I think we are talking cross-purposes here.  I'm not talking about closed-captioning for the deaf, but rather the subtitle (I guess you could call it episode name) of the show.  An example of something that works for me:

Title: NCIS
Subtitle: Power Down

However My Kitchen Rules provides no episode information so the PVR can't determine if it's recorded this specific episode.

Thanks again.

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 12:34:07 PM »
Ok terminology. Episode name. There are many examples of this. The News being one that comes to mind. As long as we mark the program as a series (and we have) and there is no 'r' flag then there should be no problem. I will ask the tech guys to ponder any Myth peculiarities as they may have encountered this before.

Offline Matt-

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »
Thanks Mitch.

The specifics here is that it is not using the repeat flag but rather dupe checks based on both the title and episode name/subtitle.  This is a good thing as sometimes one wishes to record shows which may be a repeat for the network but not necessarily for me.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »
Thanks Mitch.

The specifics here is that it is not using the repeat flag but rather dupe checks based on both the title and episode name/subtitle.  This is a good thing as sometimes one wishes to record shows which may be a repeat for the network but not necessarily for me.

Hi Matt,

There are a couple of options here with MythTV, one is to set the recording to record at anytime on a particular channel, this will only then get one copy of the show and not both.

The other option would be to change the recording to be "Find and record one showing of this title each day", while this will only get one channels or the other and if there are two episodes scheduled in a given day it will only get the first, plus with this option you may sometimes get it in HD and sometimes not.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline Matt-

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 07:56:36 PM »
Hi Daniel,

There are a couple of options here with MythTV, one is to set the recording to record at anytime on a particular channel, this will only then get one copy of the show and not both.

This would work if Seven weren't repeating the show during the day.

The other option would be to change the recording to be "Find and record one showing of this title each day", while this will only get one channels or the other and if there are two episodes scheduled in a given day it will only get the first, plus with this option you may sometimes get it in HD and sometimes not.

Which has several limitations as you've noted.  I can almost guarantee that seven will run a double episode, run a repeat earlier in the day prior to the 'new one' or something else very annoying as they do it with every other show.

Is there no chance that the episode name can be provided?  I've noticed on some shows that the episode name is the original air date (presumably because you can't get the proper name from the network) - this would work..
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:58:47 PM by Matt- »

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »
Hi Daniel,

This would work if Seven weren't repeating the show during the day.

Which has several limitations as you've noted.  I can almost guarantee that seven will run a double episode, run a repeat earlier in the day prior to the 'new one' or something else very annoying as they do it with every other show.

Is there no chance that the episode name can be provided?  I've noticed on some shows that the episode name is the original air date (presumably because you can't get the proper name from the network) - this would work..

The first option still works if you exclude repeats in the series recording as well, it will then not get the daytime episode and only get the new recordings. Havind said that it looks like they are not doing the afternoon repeats this week in favour of a show called "Surgery Saved My Life" at 2pm.

Offline Matt-

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »
The first option still works if you exclude repeats in the series recording as well, it will then not get the daytime episode and only get the new recordings.

That's an interesting workaround -- thanks Daniel.

Of course, the easy answer would be for IceTV to provide complete guide data.  Is this possible?

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
SEAL Team & Hawaii Five-O problems with my Beyonwiz

Started by vader1111 on General Discussions

1 Replies
Last post June 27, 2019, 04:07:47 PM
by prl
xx
My Kitchen Rules no picture

Started by bowser on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post April 14, 2019, 06:21:44 PM