Author Topic: MKR consistently missing end  (Read 1527 times)

Offline jazzymc

• View Profile
MKR consistently missing end
« on: February 26, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
Hi,

I've got MKR on series record with a 20 minute end buffer, but so far at least 3 times it has stopped recording before the final results are announced, most of the time it's around when the judges are giving their score and so is really frustrating.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Is it because the ICETV program guide is not up to date with the latest program end times?

I've now added another 10 minutes to the end time to compensate, so all up 30 minutes buffer.  My PVR is the new humax 7510

Offline Paul55

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: MKR consistently missing end
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 09:44:58 AM »
Is it because the ICETV program guide is not up to date with the latest program end times?

No, it's because the networks who broadcasts these 'reality' shows refuse to finish the program at the right time - this is quite deliberate. If you want to complain, ring the broadcaster - and while you're talking to them, let them know that the poor buggers who want to see the following program are also missing the end of their show.

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 09:51:04 AM »
Hi

My Kitchen Rules consistently runs late but we always adjust for this in the guide. Last night, for example, we had it scheduled until 8.50pm and it finished a couple of minutes after that. 5 minutes post-padding would have been sufficient to get the whole show.

It sounds like your Humax may not be padding recordings properly. Or, if you were recording two shows in a row, the end of MKR may be in the recording of the following show ...

The best thing is for support to check your account. I will point this out to them when they start at midday.

Thanks

Offline jazzymc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 10:23:16 AM »
if you were recording two shows in a row, the end of MKR may be in the recording of the following show ...

Hi, I think you've just solved the problem for me!  I'm recording Revenge as well which is right after MKR.  Thanks for your help!

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 10:48:37 AM »
Yes, sounds like that's what happened.

If you do have any further problems support can be reached on 1300 654 803 (12-8pm weekdays and 12-6pm on weekends). They can look at your account and recordings and isolate any problems.

Cheers

Share via facebook Share via twitter

question
Tonight's MKR incorrectly flagged as a repeat

Started by j s on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post January 28, 2019, 04:59:11 PM
by Tiphanee