Author Topic: Life on Mars - no repeat flag  (Read 3429 times)

Kirben

Life on Mars - no repeat flag
« on: December 15, 2007, 04:17:51 PM »
The Life on Mars episode at 9:35 PM on the ABC (HD) on Wednesday 19th December 2007 (Melbourne area), isn't marked as a repeat. The episode is listed as a repeat in the ABC's online TV guide.

Kirben

Re: Life on Mars - no repeat flag
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 04:23:33 PM »
Unfortunately the Life on Mars episode at 9:35 PM on the ABC (SD & HD) on Wednesday 19th December 2007 (Melbourne area) still isn't marked as a repeat.

Kirben

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 03:39:23 PM »
The Life on Mars episode at 9:25 PM on the ABC (SD & HD) on Wednesday 26th December 2007 isn't marked as a repeat either. Even though the original air date is listed in the description.

I'm using Windows XP Media Centre 2005, in the Melbourne region.

Why is it taking so long to correct these mistakes? in the case of ABC/SBS you should have full access to the TV guides, to confirm errors.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 04:12:39 PM »
The Life on Mars episode for the 26th (which is once again on the 8th day) is marked as a repeat.

This particular episode was updated on the 16/12/07, and has been fine since then.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Kirben

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 04:21:12 PM »
To confirm, the 'Life on Mars' episodes don't show up in your schedule, if you set the series to record, as 'First Run' only? as I'm still see this weeks and next weeks on my system, with TV guide of 'Wed Dec 19 16:15:26'.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 04:34:28 PM »
I have just performed a test series record, setup for first run and it has scheduled both episodes to record. However it is listing in the guide an original air date that means that Media Center is correctly listing the episode as a repeat.

So it appears that Media Center is incorrectly setting this episode to record, this you would need to take up with Microsoft as the guide data is correct.

Also as fas as I am aware Media Center was designed to download guide data only once per day, while you can force it to download more often than that there may be unpredictable results.

Kirben

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 06:09:25 PM »
In all cases where I see this issue occur, there are no episode titles shown for the series, so it might be possible to work around this issue.

Could you please try adding episode titles to the Life on Mars series, and see if that solve the problem on a local test system.

As it might be possible to use dummy episode lists, to work around this limitation of Windows Media Centre.

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 07:43:13 PM »
Doh, I didn't see this thread and I started this one: http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=890.0

Im having the exact same issue with Life on mars ... Is there something in the Data that would cause Vista Media Center to ignore the repeat flag for "life on mars" on the ABC?

I have it set by WebGuide (first run only) and even tho it is has the word repeat in the program description Media Center/WbGuide is ignoring it but no other shows are having this problem.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 07:48:51 PM »
Btw I did some comparisons between the data for "Life on mars" and "Island Life" here are what the 2 descriptions look like straight from WebGuide:

Island Life
"Christmas Island"  (repeat)
Christmas Island is in crisis. Its 60 million red land crabs move from the forest to the ocean to mate and spawn in an internationally famous, spectacular annual migration. But these red crabs face an insidious biological invasion.
Sat 5 Jan  6:00 PM - 7:00 PM    3 ABC2 Digital
(1/01/1900)   G 

Life On Mars
(repeat) Moments after his girlfriend and colleague, Maya is kidnapped by a serial killer DCI Sam Tyler is knocked unconscious by a car and wakes up - in 1973. Is he in a coma? Has he fallen back in time? Is he insane? More importantly, how does he get home? John Simm, Archie Panjabi, Philip Glenister, Liz White
Wed 2 Jan  9:30 PM - 10:30 PM    2 ABC
(1/01/1900)   Other/Entertainment   M 

Note how "Island Life" has an episode-title before the (repeat) flag and "Life on mars" does not - it just has the description flow on from the same line as the repeat flag ... I have checked every other series recording I have that is successfully utilising the repeat flag (and is in the guide) and they all have an episode-title before the flag and the description on the next line.

This may be a coincidence but i thought I'd raise it anyway.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 07:51:12 PM by djos »

Share via facebook Share via twitter

clip
The Secret Life Of 4 Year Olds

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

8 Replies
Last post November 12, 2018, 07:49:30 PM
by aeb001
xx
Townsville 9Life EPG not going to P1 & P2 but ok on T3

Started by mcratt on Beyonwiz

1 Replies