Author Topic: Kurt Wallander  (Read 2525 times)

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
Kurt Wallander
« on: December 10, 2008, 05:21:09 PM »
I am all confused - someone may be able to help.   ::)  I have been watching this series a while back.  It came back in October and I started taping it.  The last one I taped was on 9th November the title of which was Castles in the Sky or Luftslottet. I haven't actually watched any of those yet.  Since then all the ones that recently showed up late at night were marked repeat, so I didn't tape those.  I just noticed that "Sidetracked" Part 3 is going to be on on Sunday, not marked as repeat.  So, can anyone tell me, was this shown before, or have I missed the first two episodes?  I tried to find some ep guides on the web, but all I could find was this http://www.inspector-wallander.org/guide/film-tv/ which has nothing about Castles in the Sky, so either they have different English titles, or this website is not complete.  FWIW, noticed that Sidetracked is listed twice, seems to have two versions
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Wallander
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 07:29:37 PM »
... I just noticed that "Sidetracked" Part 3 is going to be on on Sunday, not marked as repeat.  So, can anyone tell me, was this shown before, or have I missed the first two episodes? ...  FWIW, noticed that Sidetracked is listed twice, seems to have two versions
The first two episodes of Sidetracked showed over the last two weeks. I thought that those two episodes were marked as repeats, but when I search for them in Most Popular, only Part 3 shows up, so I can't check (what's going on there, IceTV?). They are old episodes; Wallander's daughter hasn't joined the police yet, and it's a different actor playing Wallander than in the episodes of Wallander that were playing last month.

These episodes have two actor names for each part, one looks like a Swedish actor, and one German. I think that they were indeed made in two versions, one in Swedish and one dubbed in German. SBS is showing the Swedish language version, subtitled.

The earlier series of Wallander were marked as MOVIE and weren't part of a series for some reason. I gave up trying to outguess what IceTV is doing about whether Wallander is a series or not (and there's no way of finding out), so I've made Wallander a Keyword Recording. At least it's got a nice unique keyword in the title.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 10:17:32 PM by prl »
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Wallander
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:24:20 PM »
The first two episodes of Sidetracked showed over the last two weeks. I thought that those two episodes were marked as repeats, but when I search for them in Most Popular, only Part 3 shows up, so I can't check (what's going on there, IceTV?).

The first two episodes of Sidetracked showed over the last two weeks. I thought that those two episodes were marked as repeats,

They were, which is why I didn't tape them.

I gave up trying to outguess what IceTV is doing about whether Wallander is a series or not (and there's no way of finding out), so I've made Wallander a Keyword Recording. At least it's got a nice unique keyword in the title.

I did the same, but marked them first run only, which is why I missed out on the first two episodes of Sidetracked.  Although it sounds like it is a repeat.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Kurt Wallander is a repeat

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post August 16, 2012, 06:13:52 PM
by prl