Author Topic: Is It My Topfield 2460 or IceTV - EPG Not Showing  (Read 826 times)

Offline rll

• View Profile
Is It My Topfield 2460 or IceTV - EPG Not Showing
« on: January 14, 2016, 07:44:33 AM »
Up until about a day and a half ago the EPG on my Topfield 2460 showed up properly but now it doesn't show at all.  I am in Melbourne and the Topfield 2460 is permanently hardwired to my network and can be seen on my network, but no EPG is displayed on my Topfield.

Is it a problem at my end or at IceTV?

Thanks for your help.

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV SKIPPA wiki
Re: Is It My Topfield 2460 or IceTV - EPG Not Showing
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »
The most likely cause of the problem is the Toppy (I have several that use IceTV).

The fact that the EPG is completely empty suggests that  the Toppy had an unscheduled shut-down and did not have the opportunity to cache the EPG data.

I assume that you have checked that the Toppy is still logged into the IceTV server. Do you use IceTV Interactive to set timers, or do you set them on the Toppy?

You could try Menu, Installation, System Recovery, Reset Service List. The do a Service Scan, then go into settings and 'reactivate' IceTV. The go to the IceTV Iterative www site and resend all timers for the Toppy. The Toppy checks in with IceTV every 15 minutes, and does EPG data fetches and Timer Updates in alternate fetches. Usually the EPG data appears immediately, and it may take a short time for Timers to be downloaded. If nothing appears after 15 minutes, turn the Toppy off and then turn it on again.

Ian
IceTV: 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRt + SKIPPA + T2 + U4
No IceTV: a few Toppys
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and Topfield Aus Forum for Toppy help

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 12:25:08 PM »
Up until about a day and a half ago the EPG on my Topfield 2460 showed up properly but now it doesn't show at all.  I am in Melbourne and the Topfield 2460 is permanently hardwired to my network and can be seen on my network, but no EPG is displayed on my Topfield.

Is it a problem at my end or at IceTV?

It's at your end. Is your IceTV subscription still active?

Recent, post 2011, Topfield firmware versions require rebooting the Topfield once a fortnight or once a week to keep IceTV running.
Older, pre-2011, firmware required leaving the Topfield on 24/7.

Even though your Topfield is visible on your network check the Topfield can still access the Internet. Try the Portal in the Entertainment menu.

Then check IceTV is still enabled on the Topfield.

If IceTV is already enabled, follow Ian's steps to clear and rescan the channels, re-enable IceTV and resend all recordings. Clearing the channels resets the IceTV account settings so you will need to enter your user id and password again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline rll

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 01:28:09 PM »
Thanks for the comments.

I switched the power to the PVR off and the on again and all is now good.  I was a bit surprised it was that easy as I wasn't looking forward to resetting everything.  I am using the August 2014 firmware and was unaware that the Toppy needs rebooting every couple of weeks.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
What's On This Week

Started by raymondjpg on IceTV EPG Content

8 Replies
Last post November 05, 2019, 12:32:50 PM
by prl
xx
Pawn Stars - is a repeat not new

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post November 02, 2019, 07:35:03 PM
by aeb001
xx
No Android app recommendations this weekend?

Started by prl on Smart Recording on Android

2 Replies
Last post October 25, 2019, 01:40:58 PM
by prl
xx
The Flash - missing episode number

Started by Peter_H on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post October 19, 2019, 10:23:40 PM
by Peter_H