Author Topic: Inconsistencies in New Shows Listings  (Read 1222 times)

Offline vader1111

• View Profile
Inconsistencies in New Shows Listings
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »
There seem to be quite a few inconsistencies between the TV Guide and the New Shows listings at present...

New Shows lists "Top Gear Australia" as "Coming soon". 
According to the TV Guide it's called "Top Gear" (no differentiation from the UK version) and it starts at 7:30pm on Tuesday 28th September.  The TV Guide listing is also missing the New Shows star next to the entry.

Most of the 7mate/GEM shows are now appearing in the New Shows list, but none of them have yet made it onto the TV Guide...

Aside from that, I'd like to draw your attention to the following:
"Weeds" is listed in New Shows as "Coming Soon".  The start date is now known - 10pm on Wed 29th September on GEM.
"Secret Diary of a Call Girl" will be following it at 10:30pm and this is also a new series.  There is no mention of this show anywhere on the IceTV site.

Madeleine IceGuide

Re: Inconsistencies in New Shows Listings
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »
Hi

This show was called Top Gear Australia when it was originally on SBS. Now that it's on Ch 9 other guides appear to be calling it Top Gear. We think it's best to stick to the old name since people have previously set up series recordings on this basis. Additionally, some people like the UK version but dislike the Aussie one - if the name is the same for both then people won't be able to easily record one or the other.

Re. New Shows on 7mate and GEM. As per our recent email, specific guide info for 7mate and GEM will be appearing in the guide soon. In the meantime, series recordings can be set via the New shows page. Wednesday 29th has not been scheduled yet but we will add Secret Diary Of A Call Girl to the New Shows list now.

Thanks

Offline futzle

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
Re: Inconsistencies in New Shows Listings
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:20:13 AM »
We think it's best to stick to the old name since people have previously set up series recordings on this basis. Additionally, some people like the UK version but dislike the Aussie one - if the name is the same for both then people won't be able to easily record one or the other.

I think that's the right decision.  (To make my post relevant: people, check your series recording for Top Gear Australia.  Mine was set to record only on the "SBS" network, so it wasn't scheduling.  Now that I adjusted my recording to record Nine, all is well.)

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
New XML Protocol & Channel Data Inconsistencies

Started by DeltaMikeCharlie on XMLTV (General)

3 Replies
Last post February 20, 2018, 06:12:29 AM
by DeltaMikeCharlie