Author Topic: ICETV Server is busy channel map data cannot be received - Topfield 7100  (Read 5966 times)

Offline whmacs

• View Profile
Hi,
I'm running the latest released firmware. After a factory reset guide data was downloaded. Now the guide is empty and I continually get the message "ICETV Server is busy channel map data can't be received, try a agin in 2 minutes"

If I go into EGP settings I can "ping" the ice server. In LCN mappings I have ABC1 as either 2 or 21 and Ten Sydney 1 or 12. My guide is set to Central Coast and I don't have Ten Sydney selected as a channel as central coast uses Prime.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Stephen

Offline whmacs

• View Profile
Re: ICETV Server is busy channel map data cannot be received - Topfield 7100
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:38:19 PM »
Guys,
Spoke with Daniel about this issue. He said it was a known problem with the latest firmware. I rolled back to the Oct 08 firmware over a week ago and have had no IceTV issues since.

Regards,
Stephen

Offline hcpunk

• View Profile
I've been getting the same error with a new TF7100HDPVRt too.

I bought it directly from IceTV and it came with the latest firmware (20090317) already installed. Not happy that it doesn't work out of the box, especially if the problem is a known issue! I've logged a support ticket so we'll see if the solution has become any more sophisticated than downgrading the firmware ;D

Offline hcpunk

• View Profile
In some ways this is kind of embarrassing but I'll share it anyway, in the interest of helping other users ;)

To get it working (and I can't believe I didn't try it sooner) I just had to switch the unit off & on again. Logically there's no reason why that should help but there you go, it worked for me, and I'm glad I didn't need to stuff around with the firmware to fix it. Hopefully the support guys will pop that into their troubleshooting FAQs, just in case.

Offline Chopsus

• View Profile
I did this and I now have the HD program information, but nothing for most of the SD channels still (ABC1 and SBS1 have info, but not 7, 9 & 10 SD channels)

Offline bridiek

• View Profile
I am experiencing the same problem. I have the most recent firmware updates and am hoping I do not have to downgrade my firmware. I have also tried switching the unit off and on but this has made no difference at all.

Has anyone else had any success resolving this problem???

Offline bridiek

• View Profile
Ok, just thought I'd post on here because I have managed to sort mine out.

I received a 3 month free subscription when I bought my topfield. I entered the codes etc provided and then got connected but kept getting the ICETV server is busy screen.

The free subscription card did mention that I would need to enter my Topfield serial number but I wasn't ever asked for it. However, I went into my ICETV account I was able to enter my device label (serial number) and device type (topfield). After a quick reboot of the PVR and a short wait of about 2 minutes, I was then able to access my full EPG!

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect

Started by Iceplex on Plex

25 Replies
Last post July 18, 2019, 11:01:01 PM