Author Topic: Ice Tv times are in daylight savings times in Brisbane-is this right?  (Read 1619 times)

Offline kurthillary

• View Profile
Hi all,
I have a mac mini with an eye tv diversity. I have ice tv as the programme guide but all the times are 1 hour ahead. Is this correct? The mac mini timezone is set to Bris and so is the settings in Ice TV. Have I got a setting wrong and if its like this while daylight savings is on does it affect the timing of programs I want to record?The clock is also showing Sydney time and I have tried reloading the guide but still have the same problem.
Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 01:00:21 PM by kurthillary »

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Tv times are in daylight savings times in Brisbane-is this right?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »
ICE sends information as GMT.   But I guess they have to look at the time something is going to start (in localtime) as they are building the schedule (given they know the 6PM news starts at 6PM), and subtract the GMT offset to make it into GMT.   So for NSW guides, they would subtract 11hours, for Qland guides, they would subtract 10hours.    You need to ensure you select the correct guide region in your ICE account settings, and the correct timezone for your PC/Mac, and ensure you disable DST if your PC/Mac has the "auto adjust for DST" option.   It probably shouldn't offer that option if you selected a Qland timezone, but some boxes just have "eastern states of australia" and you need to ensure you don't tick the DST option.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Tv times are in daylight savings times in Brisbane-is this right?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »
... and ensure you disable DST if your PC/Mac has the "auto adjust for DST" option.   It probably shouldn't offer that option if you selected a Qland timezone, but some boxes just have "eastern states of australia" and you need to ensure you don't tick the DST option.
Regards
You shouldn't disable DST on a Mac (or any other Unixoid version from any time later than the late seventies). It's moderately difficult to disable it on a Mac anyway. The correct time settings for Queensland on a Mac are in AppleMenu>System Settings>Date & Time>Time Zone, and set Closest City to Brisbane - Australia. This will give you the correct zone information tables for Queensland, and will use DST for times in those summers when Queensland had DST, and not use it for times in those summers when Queensland didn't have DST.

Then look at AppleMenu>System Settings>Date & Time>Date & Time and ensure that the date and time are set to the correct local date and time. If you Mac is normally connected to the Internet (eg through cable or ADSL), tick Set Date and Time Automatically.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect