Author Topic: ICE Guys can we please remove Year from sports series & sort out NASCAR titles?  (Read 3151 times)

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
If you look at the 2 screen shots attached you will see 3 Nascar events, these are all part of the "Sprint Cup Series" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_Sprint_Cup there is also the "Nationwide Series" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_Series and the "Craftsman Truck Series" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craftsman_Truck_Series.

Can we please have all Nascar races correctly titled by series so we can set a "series" timer using Remote or WebGuide or whatever? We should be able to record by series just like the V8 SuperCars, Fujitsu V8 Supercars (feeder category), V8 Utes, Formula One etc.

As you can see from my first screen shot I cant set a series timer for these because they are titles by event, not series.

I (and im sure many others) would also appreciate it if you would stop the practice of putting the year in the main title of sports series! you dont do it for the "Cricket: One Day Cricket International" or "Extreme Sport: Planet X Summer Games" so why is it being done to other sports series? This forces us to create year by year series recordings and having to keep an eye out for them in the guide, this defeats the point series recordings.

Can we please have a standard of and putting the year in the sub-title instead?
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
Pic 2

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
Just to gauge other ICE users opinions, I've started this poll:

http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=946.0

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
Btw ICE folk, here is another motorsports show without your usual "Motor Sport" prefix:

Speed Machine 
The latest and greatest in Australian motor sport. 
Sun 17 Feb  11:30 AM - 12:00 PM  9 Nine 

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
14/02/2008

WATCH AMBROSE AND NASCAR ON NETWORK TEN IN 2008

Enormous interest in Australian NASCAR driver, Marcos Ambrose, has resulted in Network Ten securing the television rights to the 2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series and selected races of the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

The deal marks the first time that a full season of NASCAR will appear on free-to-air television in Australia and will also be the first time NASCAR has been shown in Australia in high definition.

Before moving to the United States in 2006 to pursue a career in NASCAR, Ambrose raced in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series for five seasons.

In that time Ambrose won two V8 Supercar championships and was a regular guest on TEN’s weekly motorsport magazine-style program, RPM.

TEN will broadcast all 35 races of the 2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series on its high definition channel TEN-HD, starting with the first event of this season, the Camping World 300 at Daytona International Speedway this weekend. Ambrose will race the full schedule for the NASCAR Nationwide Series in the #59 Kingsford Hickory Ford Fusion for JTG Racing.

TEN will also telecast five NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in 2008 including this weekend’s Daytona 500.

Ambrose is currently scheduled to compete in 12 Sprint Cup events in 2008 in the Little Debbie Ford Fusion, with the possibility of more races as the year progresses.

TEN will also feature NASCAR and Ambrose on RPM in 2008, with TEN’s US correspondent and fellow Australian Leigh Diffey set to profile Ambrose and the sport of NASCAR throughout the season.

Ambrose is ecstatic that interest in his racing had sparked the new deal, which will allow more of his Australian fans to watch his racing in the US.

“I was so pleased and excited when I learned that NASCAR is going to on a free-to-air network in Australia in 2008,” said Ambrose.

“I’ve got a lot of friends at Network Ten from my time in V8 Supercars in Australia and I am looking forward to being a part of motorsport on Ten once again.

“A lot of Australian fans have made the trip over to the US to see first-hand just how enormous and exciting NASCAR is ‘in the flesh’. The second Marcos Ambrose NASCAR Tour is coming up this May with a big group of Aussie fans coming over and there are only a couple of spots left.

“But it is also going to be a great year for those Aussie fans watching back home on television as they will get to see the action in high definition on a free-to-air network.”

TEN’s General Manager – Sport, David White, said: “TEN is very much looking forward to broadcasting NASCAR in High Definition throughout 2008.

“We enjoy a great relationship with Marcos and we wish him every success this season. We look forward to helping grow the popularity of NASCAR in Australia through our race coverage as well as the many profile stories we're planning for RPM.”

HOW TO VIEW TEN-HD AND HIGH DEFINITION TELEVISION

TEN-HD is the Network Ten’s high definition channel and just like standard definition channels, it is free-to-air so there is no subscription fee and no contracts.

To view TEN-HD, which will telecast NASCAR in 2008, your television will need a high definition receiver.

Many new televisions will have a HD receiver built-in, but older televisions are capable of viewing HD channels as well, but you will require a high-definition digital set-top box to pick up the HD channels.

High-definition digital set-top boxes are available from all good electronic retail outlets and department stores.

THIS WEEKEND’S TELEVISION SCHEDULE

2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series - Race 1 of 35
Camping World 300 at Daytona International Speedway

AUSTRALIAN TV SCHEDULE
Sunday 17 February 2007
Ten HD
4:00am – 8:00am EDST

Be sure to check MarcosAmbrose.com and Ten.com.au/RPM for further information and broadcast schedules.

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
Can we please have NASCAR sorted into series instead of discrete events?

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect

Started by Iceplex on Plex

27 Replies
Last post July 22, 2019, 07:10:01 PM