Author Topic: Hamish and Andy  (Read 5870 times)

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
Hamish and Andy
« on: January 20, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »
Next Saturday night (24th) on 7HD - saw it myself in the printed guide as just "Hamish and Andy" and is the same in the yahoo7 guide online, but it has been incorrectly added to IceTV as a repeat of "Hamish and Andy Re-Gifted" - which it certainly is not. The same goes for the Prime HD listing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamish_&_Andy#Seven_Network

Thanks

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Hamish and Andy
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »
Unfortunately, IceTV is not allowed to use information from published guides to correct their guide. As I understand it, that's the central issue in the litigation Nine started against IceTV.

They can use information from things like station promotion ads for programs, and people actually seeing that a program is being broadcast at a particular time.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:39:30 PM by prl »
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 12:43:33 PM »
Unfortunately, IceTV is not allowed to use information from published guides to correct their guide. As I understand it, that's the central issue in the litigation Nine started against IceTV.

They can use information from things like station promiotion ads for programs, and people actually seeing that a program is being broadcast at a particular time.

That being the case how do they even know it is going to be on, and what gave them the idea that it was "Hamish and Andy Re-Gifted" and not just "Hamish and Andy" ??  Hamish and Andy Re-Gifted is a Roving Enterprises production and highly unlikely to be ever shown on Seven while Rove is involved with Ten. However a few years ago Hamish and Andy did briefly have their own show on Seven as per the wikipedia link I gave. I suspect any information IceTV did receive on this show did not involve the words 're-gifted' but being the most recent Hamish and Andy TV show they just assumed?  Correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:50:23 PM by milhouseaus »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 01:34:18 PM »

They can use information from things like station promiotion ads for programs, and people actually seeing that a program is being broadcast at a particular time.

That being the case how do they even know it is going to be on, and what gave them the idea that it was "Hamish and Andy Re-Gifted" and not just "Hamish and Andy" ?? ...

I've no idea about the particulars for a given program. There's a description of how IceTV compiled the guide before the case was brought against them by Nine in one of the the Federal Court decisions in the case, starting at para 40.

I think that the orders that are in force that prevent IceTV from using published program guides are these orders from Justice Bennett, especially orders 4 and 5, but I'm not certain of that. There is some more explanation from Justice Bennett about the orders in paragraphs 10-19.

Not a lawyer.

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »
7HD doesn't have anything to do with Channel Nine. Someone will look into this. Thanks

Offline htial

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 12:29:40 AM »
I still don't understand nine on this...   ...Wouldn't they want people to know what's coming up so they get the viewership???...

I moved out of home and don't buy the paper anymore...   ...It's always different by the middle of the week...   ...never get TV Week either...   ...And the nine EPG can't be trusted either IMO...   ...And even their DVB isn't always the same as what they are showing...

Prl...   ...Thanks for the links to those court docs...   ...I still don't understand then however...

And thanks for the update about Hamish and Andy...   ...I also thought it was odd that it was "Re-Gifted" and shown on another network...

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 09:26:15 AM »
I still don't understand nine on this...   ...Wouldn't they want people to know what's coming up so they get the viewership???...

I moved out of home and don't buy the paper anymore...   ...It's always different by the middle of the week...   ...never get TV Week either...   ...And the nine EPG can't be trusted either IMO...   ...And even their DVB isn't always the same as what they are showing...

Prl...   ...Thanks for the links to those court docs...   ...I still don't understand then however...
The Copyright Act Sect 31 gives the copyright holder "the exclusive right:... to reproduce the work ... to publish the work ... to perform the work in public ... to communicate the work to the public ... to make an adaptation of the work ..."

It doesn't say (except in very limited areas) under what circumstances the copyright holder must allow any of those actions. It certainly doesn't say their commercial decisions about who they licence their copyright material to, and how, has to make sense to you or me :)

Nine views copyright on its EPG as valuable commercial property. They sell it. IceTV, for that matter, does, too. See their copyright notice.

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 12:28:40 PM »
7HD doesn't have anything to do with Channel Nine. Someone will look into this. Thanks

ok - problem NOT fixed. It now says Hamish Macbeth is on!  ???

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
There have been some changes in staff with ABC Guides, hence the 'Hamish Macbeth' incident. However, the good news is, you've now been alerted for free that Hamish Macbeth is on ABC2 20:30 on Tuesdays.  :D A must see and better than Hamish & Andy. The latter had their 're-gifted' series and one called Hamish & Andy's Real Stories. I can assure you, the 're-gifted' desciption pretty much convers the repeats Ch7 are now dumping on us late night on HD. It has however, beem amended to reflect the true programming.

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 12:51:00 AM »
I can assure you, the 're-gifted' desciption pretty much convers the repeats Ch7 are now dumping on us late night on HD.

That may be true but I appreciate that it has been corrected.  :)  I don't remember if I saw this alleged train wreck first time round. I just knew it was neither the 'Re-Gifted' special nor Real Stories, which I quite enjoyed - had some great cameos :D. Been meaning to get the DVD actually ;D. Anyway, thanks again.

Share via facebook Share via twitter