Author Topic: Good News Week and EPG/Timer Updates  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Gary

• View Profile
Good News Week and EPG/Timer Updates
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:21:26 PM »
I had a timer for Good News Week on Saturday night and today when I looked at my timer list on the Windows widget it says I am recording Rush and Crime Files!

My timer list on the Beyonwiz still has it as Good News Week.

So looking at the schedule it has obviously changed with Good News Week on at an earlier timer but IceTV has not updated.

Once again, why do I not have a new timer for Good News Week?

And why has the old one not been deleted?

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: Good News Week and EPG/Timer Updates
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 11:47:57 AM »
Hi Gary,

We checked this one out and it seems the biggest problem was that your Beyonwiz was not performing its normal updates, the guide information for Good News Week was updated around lunchtime on the 12th, but your Beyonwiz didn't do an update between the 11th and this morning, so checking in the guide now should show the correct information.

Similarly for scheduler requests, I can see a big gap where it didn't request any updates, now this morning these updates have gone through and I can see a delete was sent down for the old time and a create was sent for the new time and the Beyonwiz has acknowledged both, so the timer should now be showing at the correct time on the Beyonwiz.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:56:09 AM »
Hi Daniel

Thanks for the response and yes it has now updated.

The lack of updates is very strange though and I am at a loss as to to why that would have happened. My Beyonwiz was on from the 11th till late last night. I guess the updating happened when I turned it on this morning.

It is interesting that a timer I created yesterday for ONE Preview on Saturday night and that was visible in the Windows Widget and on my timer list has now disappeared.

Something very strange happening.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:28:49 PM »
Gary, do you use the wireless connection?  This can go to sleep (and/or screw up), and requires manual intervention to get it to work again (this happened to me running WPA security, not WEP security however... DP-S1).   Manual intervention was by going into the network settings page and simply apply the settings again (yellow or red button IIRC).
It of course also will work again on bootup, so with the Wiz behaviour over multiple days potentially giving lockups or strange behaviour, it is best to put it into standby when not in use, and simply create a daily view timer (which is like a normal timer, but doesn't record anything to the HDD) to wake the Wiz up to get ICE updates.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 12:39:06 PM »
Hi Tony

No wired connection.

I usually put the Beyonwiz into standby at the end of the day, leaving it on for timers and viewing and occasionally overnight when there is something happening.

So it is almost never on more than 18-19 hours and in the exception a couple of days.

I'll have to keep an eye on the IceTV updates though as it was working before.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Hdr-7500t free to good home

Started by swamprat96 on Humax

1 Replies
Last post October 21, 2018, 11:48:03 AM
by swamprat96
xx
Good Game SP mistakenly marked as Repeat

Started by MrQuade on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post March 11, 2018, 08:02:21 AM