Author Topic: Ghost Whisperer 7HD listing wrong for tonight  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Neon Kitten

• View Profile
Ghost Whisperer 7HD listing wrong for tonight
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:22:23 AM »
Just because Seven doesn't give a toss about its HD channel and constantly forgets to update its 7HD listings even when making last minute changes, don't assume they're doing breakaway or anything :)

Ghost Whisperer has been moved to 8pm in Melb tonight (advertised) due to an hour-long Home And Away. You've updated the SD listing, but left the HD one at the old time, even though there is no way in hell they'll differ. It's Seven. They don't do breakaway in primetime.  And they advertised the same 8pm slot on 7HD.

I've had to add the SD version as well to see the end, since the various perils and pitfalls of adjusting/adding manually on the Beyonwiz give me no other choice.

Come on guys, there's some reading between the network lines needed these days. If I hadn't have noticed the tail end of the promo when watching a recording last night, I would have missed half the show.

Madeleine IceGuide

Re: Ghost Whisperer 7HD listing wrong for tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
Thanks, someone is having a look at this now.

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »
The guide (HD) has been updated to reflect (simulcast) the SD line-up. The reading 'between the network lines' is done on a daily basis I assure you. You don't know nor notice because there is no hic-up. I'm not sure where you saw that the HD line-up had also changed, but I cannot see this change anywhere. However, I agree, the HD line-up seldon varies on 7 Primetime with HD. I'd also point out that according to sources about 7-HD, the show is'nt even in true HD. So if I were you, I would just continue with the SD version.

Offline zoszos68

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:27:44 PM »
I saw just now on the useless Yahoo Seven guide that they did not update there 7HD guide (the reason I,m here now).
I'm glad in a way that you cant use online guides as even there not right at times.

Seven has known this for almost 48 hours has and still cant update there online HD guide. I'm glad you at "Ice" are the ball.
In the future I will check your guide first but for some reason I went straight to Sevens guide to see when yesterdays Home And Away will be on.

+1 Ice.
-1 Seven.
Kevin

Offline Neon Kitten

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »
The guide (HD) has been updated to reflect (simulcast) the SD line-up. The reading 'between the network lines' is done on a daily basis I assure you. You don't know nor notice because there is no hic-up. I'm not sure where you saw that the HD line-up had also changed, but I cannot see this change anywhere.

It was on Seven's own EIT EPG...

...as well as numerous promos they ran yesterday.

Seven frequently forgets to update online guides for 7HD when they update the listings for 7. But they *never* break away in prime time. Never have.

My Beyonwiz has gone and triggered for the 7.30pm slot anyway since of coyrse any Ice update would have been seen by it too late. Nothing I can do about it now (not esaily anyway) except set a recording in Windows Media Centre manually and deal with converting that to a playable TS file later.

I'd also point out that according to sources about 7-HD, the show is'nt even in true HD. So if I were you, I would just continue with the SD version.

Your sources are wrong - you just need to take one look at the show and particularly its opening credit sequence to know it's very much in true HD.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Unable to record mission impossible ghost protocol

Started by simoncasey on Beyonwiz

21 Replies
Last post August 08, 2017, 11:48:18 AM
by prl
xx
Vera ‘Ghost Position’ repeat?

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

16 Replies
Last post February 15, 2016, 05:21:31 PM