Author Topic: EPG descriptions lacking?  (Read 1219 times)

Offline AlanS

• View Profile
EPG descriptions lacking?
« on: November 22, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but is anyone else finding the 'new' EPG descriptions lacking? Especially for series where the description now is the same for every episode.

The EPG descriptions used to be really informative -- now if you want that info, you have to look for it elsewhere, which for me makes paying an IceTV subscription rather pointless. :(

Offline Paul55

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: EPG descriptions lacking?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »
The EPG descriptions used to be really informative -- now if you want that info, you have to look for it elsewhere, which for me makes paying an IceTV subscription rather pointless. :(

Agree that descriptions should be meaningful. But surely you use IceTV primarily for series recording and remote recording more so than episode descriptions.

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 01:24:09 PM »

Agree that descriptions should be meaningful. But surely you use IceTV primarily for series recording and remote recording more so than episode descriptions.

I started using Ice via the Widget (remember the Widget?) and it is still what I use to warn or advise me when programs which I am interested in are in the current program schedule.

Some I watch, some I record as a series and some I record ad-hoc.
I don't have my recorder connected to the WWW.

So No, ... and No.

ps   I was very glad to see that the Widget updated the recent changes to SBS and am now more confident that it will handle the changes due at Nine.
I re-subscribed because it does what I want it to so I am happy to pay what I think it is worth to me.

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »
Hi AlanS are there specific shows that the descriptions are no longer being added for? it is very hard to fix something that I have no idea what you are referring to. As far as we are aware we are adding all of the description information available. I am happy to check but need a starting point.

jmac

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 11:51:53 PM »

While it isn't a deal breaker for me, it is sometimes annoying not to have descriptions.  As an example, I record Jimmy Fallon every day.  Then, I have a look who's on and decide whether to bother keeping it/watching it or not.  So, when we get:  "An American television institution for almost 60 years, The Tonight Show will continue to be a home to big-name celebrity guests and a stage for top musical and comedic talent." it is rather disappointing.  Must say,  things have improved somewhat, we do get the name of the guest some nights.
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 11:59:16 PM »
Hi AlanS are there specific shows that the descriptions are no longer being added for? it is very hard to fix something that I have no idea what you are referring to. As far as we are aware we are adding all of the description information available. I am happy to check but need a starting point.

jmac

I wrote the above post before reading yours, but yeah, Jimmy Fallon is a good example.  TBH, I don't often read them - only for movies or for shows coming up I haven't seen before.  But it is certainly worthwhile for variety shows where the guests change and/or new shows and movies

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 03:22:04 PM »
The example of this is hat stands out for me is dr who. Sometimes we get an episode description, sometimes we get a generic description and just the title is different. But in general, this has improved a lot in recent weeks.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Is IceTV a 7 day EPG, or 5 day EPG ?

Started by chopper on IceTV EPG Content

7 Replies
Last post October 17, 2019, 07:43:57 PM
by chopper
xx
channel 44 Adelaide, no EPG content on and after 6 oct 2019 ?

Started by chopper on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post October 08, 2019, 09:39:06 PM
by chopper
xx
EPG data feed issue?

Started by grumpy_geoff on Beyonwiz

2 Replies
Last post September 20, 2019, 05:39:13 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
clip
Not connecting wirelessly so no epg or timer list