Author Topic: Election Debate  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
Election Debate
« on: July 26, 2010, 09:33:19 AM »
Had two issues last night due to the Election Debate. On my Beyonwiz DP-P2 Dancing With The Stars timer didn't get changed from 6.30 start to 7.30pm start so PVR started recording the Debate at 6.30pm and on my DP-H1 the ABC News timer was removed for 7pm but wasn't replaced with a timer at 6pm so nothing recorded?

I thought changes to schedule were dynamically handled by ICE?

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
Re: Election Debate
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:26:51 AM »
The Ice guide was updated to reflect the changes due to the debate. My Win7 media centre recorded everything correctly. I don't know the Beyonwiz DP-P2, but I'd suggest that it hasn't updated it's internal guide or timers after the changes were made. How often does the Beyonwiz DP-P2 update the guide data, and does it respond to guide changes after a program has been scheduled already?

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 10:41:24 AM »
The Ice guide was updated to reflect the changes due to the debate. My Win7 media centre recorded everything correctly. I don't know the Beyonwiz DP-P2, but I'd suggest that it hasn't updated it's internal guide or timers after the changes were made. How often does the Beyonwiz DP-P2 update the guide data, and does it respond to guide changes after a program has been scheduled already?

The guide was updated. I think the guide gets updated every hour (something like that) might be less than an hour. Your last point, I would have thought yes but it would be up to Interactive as to how that is handled I would have thought?

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 10:42:08 AM »
Deletions is one thing ICE isn't good at it seems.   When they make guide changes, something in their system doesn't always pick this up, and so suddenly ICE thinks (as the PVR tells them next time they make contact) that you have a timer set for 6.30pm and therefore must have created a new PVR timer (i.e on the PVR GUI/guide/timer list) for the 6.30pm show on.  
I dunno what the ABC thing was about?   Can you explain last nights shuffles a bit more, I didn't watch any live TV last night except the F1.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »
Deletions is one thing ICE isn't good at it seems.   When they make guide changes, something in their system doesn't always pick this up, and so suddenly ICE thinks (as the PVR tells them next time they make contact) that you have a timer set for 6.30pm and therefore must have created a new PVR timer (i.e on the PVR GUI/guide/timer list) for the 6.30pm show on.  
I dunno what the ABC thing was about?   Can you explain last nights shuffles a bit more, I didn't watch any live TV last night except the F1.

With the Debate being on at 6.30pm it appears that ABC News was moved up to 6pm (normally 7pm) and Dancing was pushed to 7.30pm (normally 6.30pm). I didn't find out about all of this until I went to start watching Dancing and found I was recording the Debate and much later in the evening found no ABC News not even the original timer for 7pm which Interactive removed but did not replace. Frustrating, I thought ICE was supposed to handle this type of thing?

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 09:17:55 AM »
Anyone at ICE able to comment on this issue?

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 10:39:58 AM »

With the Debate being on at 6.30pm it appears that ABC News was moved up to 6pm (normally 7pm) and Dancing was pushed to 7.30pm (normally 6.30pm). I didn't find out about all of this until I went to start watching Dancing and found I was recording the Debate and much later in the evening found no ABC News not even the original timer for 7pm which Interactive removed but did not replace. Frustrating, I thought ICE was supposed to handle this type of thing?
Can't recall all the detail,
But, I thought that Ice handled it on my box.
The only thing that brought me undone was that even with a 20 minute post padding, I still missed the last few minutes of DWTS.
BeyonWiz, T3

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Selections for "Coming Soon" not sticking

Started by geoffwi40 on Smart Recording website and General questions

4 Replies
Last post October 03, 2015, 12:58:30 PM
by Leon K
xx
An election in WA....

Started by SimonB on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies