Author Topic: Duplicate Recordings occuring between SD and HD channels!  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Arrikhan

• View Profile
Duplicate Recordings occuring between SD and HD channels!
« on: March 01, 2008, 11:02:57 AM »
Guys,

Am recently seeing some problematic issues of duplicate recordings in the guide since changes to 7HD/10HD and ABC have been applied.

It could be what I've done, or it might not ... but Myth will only record the same show if it thinks its different from the other (currently set to subtitle & description)..

1. I've seen descriptions of SD and HD differ by as much as a full stop at the end of the desc, thus causing a duplicate recording.

2. I'm getting duplicate recordings now for shows that are airing on both channels at the same time, even though a) they are the same show and b) they appear to have the same description etc...
eg: Good News Week.

3. Gardening Australia and Catalyst ABC1 subtitle and ABC2 subtitle differ for every showing of the same show, thus both get recorded

I'm using Mythtv with 2 x Dual port HD Tuners and my HD is filling up !!

It's fine to replicate what is handed to you (or from your sources), but the purpose of providing "EPG" data whether it be a problem @ ABC or ICETV translating, needs to be resolved.

Is this something ICETV need to fix? ...

PS: Loving the icetv service as a whole!

Arrikhan

Offline Jason W

• View Profile
Re: Duplicate Recordings occuring between SD and HD channels!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:52:06 AM »
Yes, this is quite annoying. I raised the Catalyst issue on the Episode Titles thread but nothing came of it. Last night I had an ABC2 recording even though I already watched the same episode on ABC1.

If IceTV have data on what episode is airing (i.e. episode number or original air date) but do not have an episode name (i.e. for shows which do not have episode names), it would be really great if this data could be used as the episode name so aid PVRs in preventing duplicate recordings. This has been done in the past with The Chaser's War on Everything.

I noticed the episode-num element in the XMLTV feed. I checked this week's Catalyst episode and again the two sub-titles are different and also the episode-num field is different.

Does anyone know if MythTV (or any other PVR) uses the episode-num field for de-duping? With ABC shows where there's a first new episode airing on ABC1 and repeats of the same episode a few days later on ABC2 (Catalyst, Media Watch, Chaser, etc), it would be great if at least the episode-num could be the same where it's known the same episode will air if a place-holder epsiode title isn't possible.

Offline Arrikhan

• View Profile
Re: Duplicate Recordings occuring between SD and HD channels!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 05:48:50 PM »
Maybe we need to aim our concerns to the ABC about how they define their programming guide. I'm assuming ICETV picks up ABC's planned Guide information and transforms that into something for ICETV EPG. If ICETV are at fault for not being efficient enough in what is probably automated (otherwise why would we see this problem!) ... then maybe we need to get them to reply to this feed?

Arrikhan

Share via facebook Share via twitter

exclamation
Daylight Saving & Duplicate HD Channels

Started by ChrisW on IceTV EPG Content

20 Replies
Last post October 16, 2018, 07:42:41 PM
by csutak40
xx
XML Issue, Region Changes, duplicate channel ID

Started by Aligator7050 on General Discussions

1 Replies