Author Topic: Daylight Saving & Duplicate HD Channels  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: Daylight Saving & Duplicate HD Channels
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 03:51:54 PM »
No, this is the Beyonwiz firmware, which includes a new IceTV plugin.

Major firmware upgrades are only available as a manual USB update and they are not available via an online update.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 07:06:50 PM »
No, this is the Beyonwiz firmware, which includes a new IceTV plugin.

Major firmware upgrades are only available as a manual USB update and they are not available via an online update.
Oh, must have missed one!  I thought I was up to date!
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 07:13:51 PM »
I presume you mean firmware for IceTV, not Beyonwiz?  I'll await your email - wasn't aware that there were any firmware updates

IceTV on the Beyonwiz needs firmware on the Beyonwiz to interact with IceTV, in particular, the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin (which is pre-installed). If you're still running firmware earlier than 20180417, upgrading to 20180417 will improve some aspects of the behaviour of the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin, in particular fix the issue of random gaps appearing in the Beyonwiz IceTV EPG when the actual IceTV data is correct.

The current public betas have some further improvements that allow IceTV to track the state of recordings on the Beyonwiz better when things go wrong, write IceTV log information to the Beyonwiz debug log (if it is enabled), and add IceTV parental guidance and genre information to be displayed on the Beyonwiz.

I'm not sure which firmware Daniel wants to recommend.

I do most of the maintenance of the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 02:38:43 AM »

If you're still running firmware earlier than 20180417, upgrading to 20180417 will improve some aspects of the behaviour of the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin, in particular fix the issue of random gaps appearing in the Beyonwiz IceTV EPG when the actual IceTV data is correct.
Oh dear!  I have no idea how I managed, but seems I haven't done an update since March 2017!
I can't do anything about it ATM, as I am in a big mess with my network, so have to sort that out first. 
Was having problems with my router (or so I thought) a friend lent me another, but that didn't fix the problem, (the problem may be caused by the NBN people fiddling in the street - some of my neighbours are also having problems) however the changeover did brake some of my settings, so I now can't see the Wizes on the network at all, among other things.
Anyway, figuring it all out is way above my pay-grade, awaiting a friend to visit to fix it all :-(

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 10:38:08 AM »
... however the changeover did brake some of my settings ...

When you upgrade to 20180417, "you cannot restore your old settings from previous versions or it will cause problems", so you'll need to redo all your settings manually, so I guess you'd be better off upgrading before fixing your network mount settings. If you need to change your router back to your own from the one you've borrowed from your friend, I suggest you do that before fixing your network mounts, because changing the router a second time will also probably cause the mounts to fail.

Suggested order of operations:
Wait until you have Internet connectivity stable.
Switch back to your own router, and make sure that's working properly with NBN. You can do this first, if it's more convenient.
Do a USB update to firmware 20180417.
Redo all your settings manually, including reconnecting all your network mounts on the PVR and doing a "Resend all recordings for this device" on your IceTV Web My Recorders page.

In firmware 20180417 only your "movie" directory (/media/hdd/movie) will be made available for other devices (like any PCs on your network) to mount as a Windows share. The Beyonwizes no longer export their root filesystems (for security reasons).

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 07:42:41 PM »
and make sure that's working properly with NBN.
Thank you for this,
Bit of a misunderstanding.  Haven't got NBN yet, now due in Jan-March (they keep moving the goalpost - was supposed to be August)  However, they are non stop fiddling with stuff in the street
So, when it arrives, I will be needing a new router (which is why I didn't want to rush out and buy one now  ;D)
As it is (both with my router and the borrowed one) the speedtest often crashes, mostly during testing upload speeds

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
T2 Timer Issue post Daylight Saving

Started by raymondjpg on Beyonwiz

2 Replies
Last post October 08, 2018, 03:24:12 PM
by raymondjpg
xx
Daylight savings error

Started by eafywan on Smart Recording website and General questions

1 Replies
Last post April 02, 2018, 08:33:07 AM
by eafywan
xx
Dealing with Daylight Saving when you are away

Started by Doddy on Topfield

6 Replies
Last post October 08, 2016, 10:30:10 PM
by JPP
xx
SKIPPA not updating time for end of daylight saving (Melbourne)

Started by IanL-S on SKIPPA

6 Replies
Last post April 03, 2016, 06:37:42 PM
by bodogbodog